New poll, more options as requested. '07's & '08's included

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Yamaha worked on it did they...

• Deny any problems

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Say it is "normal"

• Take the bike in and work on it unsuccessfully

• Take the bike in and works great!

• Didn't take it in because you don't trust the dealer to work on it.

• Not Applicable

• Total voters

pull10k

Reaction score
I started the last poll but apparently left out a lot of options. Hopefully this will help

You can pick MORE than 1.

Thanks for voting, a lot of us want to know if this is a wide spread issue.

Tired of the dealer BS.

THANKS!! :D

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
The error returned was:

You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for

Your poll returned the above error message. It will not allow a vote if no choice is made from the second category.

I did not have Yamaha work on my bike.

The error returned was:You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for

Your poll returned the above error message. It will not allow a vote if no choice is made from the second category.

I did not have Yamaha work on my bike.

+1 Same here.

My bike works fine

Didn't get to vote 'cause Yamaha didn't work on it.

I'd like to see some info as to if you've had a problem, what was your build date?

My 08 is A-OK, built 12/07.

I'm wondering if there might have been a bad batch of "something" causing problems. ?

Didn't get to vote 'cause Yamaha didn't work on it.I'd like to see some info as to if you've had a problem, what was your build date?

My 08 is A-OK, built 12/07.

I'm wondering if there might have been a bad batch of "something" causing problems. ?
I can't give my date 'cause Yamerhaw has the bike. Since I just bought it in June it MAY be a later build. I'll let you know the date if I ever get it back.

That's more better! :thumbsup:

My bike did die 1 time when it had about 400 miles on it. I was pulling away from the pump after filling up and it just died.

Bumped the idle up and it's never done it again.

Dunno why you left out the '06 - it's a Gen-II bike also.

And, for the record, until I set my warm idle to ~1100 RPM (after break-in) it would *rarely, but occasionally* die on a blip. But never on take-off from a light - and I don't increase revs on a normal take-off.

The only other times my Gen-II ever dies is when I turn off the key or hit the kill switch.

I'd like to ride someone's machine that has this complaint.

I voted for my 07 never stalling, but it did stumble when blipping the throttle. So I could easily see a bike dying when blipping the throttle. Since I installed the PC-III it's been vastly improved (which makes sense because the bike isn't so lean off idle like the stock map).

Yeah, you should add 'does not stall, but stumble', and probably all '07s would check it. Mine stumbles a bit since day 1, but not bad enough to stall. And only if you blip the throttle, so take-offs are not a problem at all, and shouldn't be even on bikes that stall. What I hate is I can't rev-match my downshifts because of the stumble. I'm going to have to learn to blip the throttle a bit longer, but it's not second nature and I'm all over the place still. Bike functions fine otherwise, so not a huge deal. Later.

JC

I have the 08 version with 3K miles so far; yep I'm still a FNG.

If the bike is not warm it has stalled if I tweak the throttle but I would expect most engines are less then responsive when cold.

When the beast is warm or hot, it has yet to fail me.