New Seat Maker In Town:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Seems like after purchasing the 06A (hawking the house and kids), the one issue I have still is the seat. Yes a sheep wool cover helped for a hundred or so miles more but I'm not into butt burn, air hawk cushions and monkey butt powder. Nor am I into driving 600 miles to pay 700 bucks for a custom seat, to be unhappy and drive several hundred miles more to another maker to try again with another seat. No, none of this for me. Since I'm living on limited income due to medical factors beyond my control, and a comfortable seat is mui importante, seems like I have more time than money. So, I have enrolled in a local upholstery class for 3 months and another class later that will teach repair and refinishing. So Rick Meyer and Mr. Sargent, stand aside! Painman is comin through. Let the seat making begin!! :yahoo: PM. <><

Last edited by a moderator:
Seats by Painman? :blink: :blink: :blink: Dude you need marketing help! :p :p :p :p
Well how about this..."Got a real pain in the rear from too many miles on the FJR? You need to talk to the doctor of buttology, the "PAINMAN"....Umm, that might not work. Well, back to the drawing board.....PM. <>< :lol:

My I suggest a poll amongst forum members before you make your business cards?.....just a thought....don't mean to be a pain in the butt (please excuse poor pun & insert your own here).... :blink:

Saddle sore?

Butt burn?

Give your seat meat a treat ... let the Painman cushion your tush 'n ride in comfort! :lol2:

Methinks you'll need a new handle :laughingsmiley:

Seems like after purchasing the 06A (hawking the house and kids), the one issue I have still is the seat. Yes a sheep wool cover helped for a hundred or so miles more but I'm not into butt burn, air hawk cushions and monkey butt powder. Nor am I into driving 600 miles to pay 700 bucks for a custom seat, to be unhappy and drive several hundred miles more to another maker to try again with another seat. No, none of this for me. Since I'm living on limited income due to medical factors beyond my control, and a comfortable seat is mui importante, seems like I have more time than money. So, I have enrolled in a local upholstery class for 3 months and another class later that will teach repair and refinishing. So Rick Meyer and Mr. Sargent, stand aside! Painman is comin through. Let the seat making begin!! :yahoo: PM. <><
I'll test some for you. I frequently ride multi-hundred-mile days and take several longer trips a year.

~If your butts a hurt'n but you want to keep it sport'n. Call Painman he'll easy your worries away.

~Badonkadonk Saddle

Hahah I love the idea, Corbin watch out!

let the Painman cushion your tush 'n ride in comfort!....Methinks you'll need a new handle
Painman Saddles is right up there with All Thumbs Construction. Yup, new handle needed for sure. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good for you! Then you can design, and if necessary redesign until you get the perfect seat for you. The cost of the materials is minimal really. See if you can design a seat off the original seat pans to maintain adjustability, and, so it doesn't weigh 50 lbs like the Corbin seat that is full of plate steel.

[SIZE=18pt]"IT'S TIME TO GET RID OF THE PAIN MAN"[/SIZE]

Painman seats LTD

:D

Thanks for those great ideas. And a new moniker might be needed. I have the PR department working on it as we speak. The course is in Furniture/Auto/Boats/Motorcycles to learn how to fabricate and upholster seats, cushions, and door panels. We are suppose to have our own project in the class starting Monday and mine will be the seat pan off the 06. I'm in the process of ordering up some gel inserts to incorperate into the new seat. Who knows, this might just work out. I'll keep the updates coming and when doing the seat I will post up some pics of the process. Thanks again, PM. <>< B)

You need to talk to the doctor of buttology, the "PAINMAN"....Umm, that might not work.
Ya think the guy that's had a "Doctor of Buttology" certificate hanging in his work area at Russell for at least 7 years might want the courtesy of a call first? Perhaps a "Journeyman Buttologist" as a start and work your way up? :lol:

You need to talk to the doctor of buttology, the "PAINMAN"....Umm, that might not work.
Ya think the guy that's had a "Doctor of Buttology" certificate hanging in his work area at Russell for at least 7 years might want the courtesy of a call first? Perhaps a "Journeyman Buttologist" as a start and work your way up? :lol:
That goes without saying don't you think. You got to go to medical school before you can hang one on your wall. Of course no one starts at the top. Butt, (pun intended), to be as great as Mr. Russell you have to start with a vision just as he did.....PM. <>< :lol:

Posteriorological Technician, I think thats a course offered online.

Painman,

I don't care what your handle is, if the seat fits, I'll try it. I would love to have a better cushion for my tush'n.

............... Who knows, th I'm in the process of ordering up some gel inserts to .................Thanks again, PM. <>< B)
May want to review the idea of gel inserts. Quite a few guys have stated these get really hot in the sun and don't cool down quickly, and since your a Cali guy...... :unsure:

This is all we need another California seat maker. Can't someone in the midwest learn how to do this and give the California boys a run for their money. Or should I say, take the money out of their hands :D

............... Who knows, th I'm in the process of ordering up some gel inserts to .................Thanks again, PM. <>< B)
May want to review the idea of gel inserts. Quite a few guys have stated these get really hot in the sun and don't cool down quickly, and since your a Cali guy...... :unsure:
Dave, only in extra hot weather is the gel an issue. And even then if parking the bike in direct sunlight I just usually cover the seat with a small towel or something. Its really not a problem....

This is all we need another California seat maker. Can't someone in the midwest learn how to do this and give the California boys a run for their money. Or should I say, take the money out of their hands :D
OHFJR, hey this is just an experiment. I'm only seeing if this is something I might like or be able to do. Me and the wife are taking the class and who knows, once I check into this it might just give some of these other Cali boys a run for their money! ;) Blessings, PM, <>< and happy motoring.