New seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the top view picture comparison between the stock seat and the S
Sargent%20Seat%20Comparison.jpg
argent

Many of you are hardcore long distance riders and I can certainly see the Russell being the right seat for you. I hate to admit it but my rides on the FJR are typically with my wife and she's got a 300 a mile day limit. And not too many of those in a row either. So the Sargent seat seems like a nice compromise between style and comfort that'll fit my personal needs.
I am not a hardcore distance guy. I am more of a hardcore good time in the saddle guy. We tend to stick to rural 2 lanes and generally avoid the interstate slab, so our days usually max out at 450-500 miles, but this may end up being 10 or 12 hours of ride time. When we are on a week long motorcycle vacation we like to enjoy every minute of our tour, not just the first half of each day, if you get my drift.

My wife also used to restrict our ride days, requiring frequent butt breaks, and she doesn't smoke. I got the Russell dual custom made up for her in the back, and now we can ride those 10-12 hour days enjoyably, and do it again the next day. It's not Iron Butt stuff, but what we do take on is more enjoyable because of the seat.

Last edited by a moderator: