New Software & Group Builder Hello!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cycle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi members! As you can see the forum software changed and not all the final tweaks are done. I'll be working on this today. This is XenForo and has good security and more features for the members. We expect the forum to stay the same focus and rules as before this change.

I'm with a small company called Group Builder that will be working with Ignacio and Bounce on keeping this place running and up to date. You will most often see me, but the other part of the small group you will see occasionally is named Admin. I know Ignacio will be online in the near future to explain everything that's being done.

For now, there are some new features. And first thing I'm going to be doing is to make a couple of How-To's to help you navigate this new software. As one or two have found out you can directly upload photos/files up to 10240kb and upload short videos up to 51200kb. Please go down to the Test Forum and try the Upload Files (images and documents) and the Upload Video features.

If you could ask your questions on this thread it will help me find them quicker so I can answer or fix what is needed.

I see you can still use three letter search terms (that's nice).
What logic operators are needed for multiple search terms - "and" or "or" between terms to make search inclusive or exclusive?
(it was a choice on previous version)

What logic operators are needed for multiple search terms - "and" or "or" between terms to make search inclusive or exclusive?

Having that "and" and "or" feature will be along later today. As I said we are still fine tuning the forum. Thanks for being the first to asking.

Here is what the head tech told me. I'm not use to using these but he said you would understand them.

+ signifies AND operation
| signifies OR operation
- negates a single token
" wraps a number of tokens to signify a phrase for searching
* at the end of a term signifies a prefix query
( and ) signify precedence
~N after a word signifies edit distance (fuzziness)
~N after a phrase signifies slop amount
In order to search for any of these special characters, they will need to be escaped with \.

Would it be possible to populate the ‘User info’ panel, to the left of each post, with the poster’s identified FJR (or other) yr/model/generation? This is useful info in many different circumstances.
thx

-Steve

Would it be possible to populate the ‘User info’ panel, to the left of each post, with the poster’s identified FJR (or other) yr/model/generation? This is useful info in many different circumstances.
thx

-Steve

I will have to check out settings. If I don't have that right now, I may be able to get something to make that function.

Good features added, I see, like picture posting. Also ads. I suppose it was inevitable to keep it running, but makes me appreciate the long time ad-free, too. Those symbols that some guy said I'd understand. . . well, maybe I won't need to know. So this "Angie." Motorcycle rider? Just curious.

Good features added, I see, like picture posting. Also ads. I suppose it was inevitable to keep it running, but makes me appreciate the long time ad-free, too. Those symbols that some guy said I'd understand. . . well, maybe I won't need to know. So this "Angie." Motorcycle rider? Just curious.
At least for now, you can disable ads in your account preferences...

might be worth going back to some of my old posts and see if I can upload the pictures instead of letting them link to the photo host sites.

Per Sac Mike along time ago, "JUST HAD TO DELETE 3 OF THE ICONS I'VE BEEN USING HERE. THANKS, PHOTOBUCKET, YOU ASSHOLES" Good stuff.

I just wanted to say, with the next Forum upgrade, how BIG my posted photo's are now! Huge! I use host Flickr but now they're more like a Fluffr.
Also, checking with Angie over in adminland agrees that the '13 is the best looking paint scheme. Thanks for upgrade!
50210926013_99ff397359_o.jpg

Good afternoon.
I am a Xenforo admin over at M109riders.com. I would like to volunteer to assist over here, too, if you folks will have me.
Cheers!

Hello Angie
I am not receiving all email notifications for ‘watched’ threads.
One day I will receive one notification (even if more than one post on that thread that day) and the next day I get nothing, even when there is activity.
Can you outline the process so I can see if I have everything set up correctly?
Thx
-Steve

Check the settings in your profile. Email delivery is an unverified delivery process. You can send it and it might not get there. It's in the DNA from it's first designs (no ACKs or NAKs). Then there is the overhead involved in creating and sending it (which might not get through anyway).

Set local notifications on as belt-and-suspenders. You'll get notifications when logged in for any thread you follow.

Latest posts