New Summer Shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About ready to put my summer shield back on. Some just call it OEM.
Totally forgot I had the short shield until the wife and I were cleaning the basement and I found it sitting on a shelf. Put it on this morning before the short ride I took today to test out the new pants and hydration 'system'. Wish I would have remembered it last year vs using the AHAMAY shield all summer.

I got a chance to put 100 miles on it between the F1 Turkish GP and Indy , LOVE it. Less vibration than stock , I suspect due to the shorter stiffer structure. Full down , the wind hits at shoulder level , clean and cooling . It supports the torso well , took it up to 80 . Full up totally quiet pocket , very mild negative pressure , easy to see over , took it up to 100 , no buffetting

I would NOT recommend the dark tint for anyone that wants to look through thier screen. I always like to look over, so it's perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running the same -3" dark tint on my '08. Makes the FJR look like a sportbike...very sharp looking. I get more compliments on the bike with this shield on than any other.

having said that, even though its warm here, I just put my rifle +5 back on! that rifle shield works so well