New tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Angus
Reaction score
I have a 05 FJR I always ran the brigstone 20s that came on bike I sold the bike couple of years ago and just bought it back I missed it.I want to put new tires on it and know there are better choices than the brigstones 20s I don't ride real aggresive but ike to let it rip some so what seems to be a good handling and decent milage tire.

NEPRT here you go in 4... 3... 2... Oops went here while I was typing. :D

Many opinions on this like oil etc.

Michilen PR2's are my choice and many others. Do a search on them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Bridgestone BT 023 GT's.... so far, so good. Way more mileage than the 021's. Make sure you get the "gt" spec. if you pick that tire. Reasonably priced, also.

Round black rubber ones filled with a mix of oxegen and nitrogen. It's almost Friday and I might not remember it tomorow. :p

Round black rubber ones filled with a mix of oxegen and nitrogen. It's almost Friday and I might not remember it tomorow. :p
You forgot the 0.934% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide and other trace gasses.

Tire is toroidal (doughnut shaped) not round. I love doughnuts!

It's FRIDAY!

Ross

Another vote for the Bridgestone BT023 GT's. I just returned from a 2000 mile week long trip and these tires were fantastic. Wear and handling was much improved over the stock BT021's.

2nkjs8.jpg

6gew4z.jpg

Another vote for the Bridgestone BT023 GT's. I just returned from a 1100 mile week long trip and these tires were fantastic. Wear and handling was very good.

+1 - just got back from a trip to the Texas Hill Country and the BT023 GT's handled very well.

I had the Avon Storm Ultras on before and really liked them so am glad the Bridgestones handle so well.