New to fjr, 16es, newbie questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^ Nice setup but a little sloppy on the install. The red and black wires are twisted. (sarcasm alert)

Little late to the party but have little experience since I was able to take all my electronics off my 2006 and put on the '16. I have my heated gear plug on the left and battery tender on the right. Both are powered from a fuse block under the rear seat with main fused lines going directly to battery. When I pack it or think I will need the heated gear I pull the plug out and have it come from in between the seats. When in garage the charging plug comes out and tucks away great when riding.

In the front I run a Garmin 660 on Ram mounts on the left side of the handlebar along with a Advantix radar detector on other Ram mount. All is powered back to the same fuse box. I have a mix it 2 in the fairing box that is powered by the lighter plug in there. Goes off when bike is off. Then run a audio cord out to the tank bag to plug Bose noise cancelling into. 50k on '06 and 5k on '16, has worked great. Good luck and ride hard.

Mine is powered from dual powerlets installed by the seat release cylinder. Hidden other than when it's needed...which is often in the PNW!
that sounds like a good setup, any chance to share a picture or 2 ?? thanks!!
Here's a single Powerlet with a Yamaha helmet lock (keyed the same as the ignition) for the left side:

Right side single(double also available):

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/2399-helmet-lock-brackets/page-1

Last edited by a moderator: