New top case for FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBrider

Reaction score
Looking to buy a top case for my bike and searching around found SHAD makes very nice cases for the FJR but most riders have the SH50, does anyone here had try the SH48 on their bike, it looks pretty nice, could you post some pics if you have them please!

Picture of the Shad SH48

Can't help ya with the 48, but here's some pics of my 45...

1120506077_photobucket_63424_.jpg

1120506077_photobucket_63427_.jpg

1120506077_photobucket_63426_.jpg

1120506077_photobucket_63425_.jpg

I kinda wish I'd gone for the 48, I can't get 2 full face Scorpion helmets in the 45. Other brands may work, not sure. I'm very happy with the Shad except for one small detail, the rubber weatherproof strip keeps coming out of the seam on the lid and I have to keep putting it back in place. Maybe a little adhesive woould cure it, but I keep forgetting about it.

How's the aeros on this case. Any wobbling about on the interstate ? Any changes in handling?

Any top case will effect the aerodynamics of the bike when there is no passenger (or big seat bag) to fill the space behind the rider. The size and attitude of the winshield will also have a big influence on how much wobbling this aero effect will induce at speed.

Looking to buy a top case for my bike and searching around found SHAD makes very nice cases for the FJR but most riders have the SH50, does anyone here had try the SH48 on their bike, it looks pretty nice, could you post some pics if you have them please!

Picture of the Shad SH48
Wow...I like the looks of that better than my E52. First time I've seen or heard of the SHAD brand.

Why not go with a Pelican or Seahorse. Is the goal to put helmets in it or more storage?

I've got the Pelican 1550

Picture of the Shad SH48
I have the SH48 and have been very happy with it on my 2005 FJR. Also installed the optional brake light and back rest pad on it.

I had an accident and my bike was sitting on the garage, now I am back to riding and still need the top case, madbiker could you please post some pictures of your SH48? I love the double backrest just want to see how it looks before making a purchase..Thanks.

I had an accident and my bike was sitting on the garage, now I am back to riding and still need the top case, madbiker could you please post some pictures of your SH48? I love the double backrest just want to see how it looks before making a purchase..Thanks.
Here are two pics for you...

shad2.jpg

shad1.jpg