New Trailer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Well, I have been enjoying camping again with the FJR and the SO enjoys it also. We made the trip to the first Wheetie camp out, but found it to be cumbersome and limiting to camp 2-up. Since I have been mulling over the idea of a trailer and finally bit the bullet. Waiting for this little gem to arrive.

trailer.jpg

Our plans for vacation next year will be a trip accross country hopefully timed to attend NAFO in BC. Hoping this will make it a more doable trip.

Nice trailer. You will enjoy the freedom that comes with camping.

Looks nice, but daaamn that's a "lot" of trailer to tow behind a bike :blink:

It actually is not that big inside. My Bushtec has more stroage inside. Tows well and doesn't really slow us down much. It makes a hardley look even more like a boat anchor when you go by in the twisties towing a trailer two up. :)

It actually is not that big inside. My Bushtec has more stroage inside. Tows well and doesn't really slow us down much. It makes a hardley look even more like a boat anchor when you go by in the twisties towing a trailer two up. :)
I looked at the Bushtec and they are slightly lighter, but they are a hell of a lot more money!

I looked at the Bushtec and they are slightly lighter, but they are a hell of a lot more money!

The main thing is to balanace your load so that you don't have too much tongue wieght. We have a penske rear shock. But tongue wieght will affect performance more than anything else. So we balance the trailer as much as possible. Usually have about 35 lbs tongue wieght. We also don't put any weight in the saddle bags to compensate for the tongue wieght. This keeps the bike handling very well.