New Vance and Hines pipes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhromalusionaL

Reaction score
Hey Guys

So i installed my new Vance and hines pipes this evening. All looks good but the clamps for the pipe they sent me are way to big. After tightening them all the way down they just flop around on the pipe. Pretty upset. Has anyone else ran into this problem with the new VH pipes?

My V&H's that were received in late March also came with the wrong size clamps. Way too large, same as yours. I stopped in the local Yamaha dealer to see if they had that style clamp in the correct size. They informed me that, in the 2 prior weeks, they had (2) other sets received for customers that also came in with the wrong clamps. They had to contact V&H to get correct size ones as well. In my case, it took V&H nearly 4 weeks and multiple emails and phone calls to get the stupid clamps sent to me.

I temporarily used some cruiser muffler clamps until the proper clamps arrived.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came with right size clamps but it came with a ding in the right side muffler. It took VH about 2 months to send me a new one, terrible co to do business with.

Mine came with right size clamps but it came with a ding in the right side muffler. It took VH about 2 months to send me a new one, terrible co to do business with.
Mine also came with a ding, but on the left side muffler (bottom edge). That also took 4-5 weeks to resolve. They clearly have some good product designs (I really do like the exhaust), but their slack outgoing quality assurance and incompetent customer service means I won't likely buy another V&H product.

I've been to the V&H website and don't see anything for the FJR, only cruisers. How about a link, pic and or part number?