New VS Used -and other bikes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any experience with the C14; it just seems big, especially compared to the FJR. I like the earlier bikes' look better than the new one with all the "gills," but my understanding is that heat really is an issue with those. I also think the K-Pass might make me nuts. I do have a good bit of saddle time on the R12RT. Maybe it's because I've been a BMW guy, but I like the boxer motor. I'm happy letting the bike and the wind be music for me. If I'm on the slab, I'll plug in. That's my uninformed thought...
The heat issue on the C14 was fixed in 2010. My 2011 was actually cooler than my new '13 FJR. I am noticing a lot of heat on my left leg with the FJR. So far I have only ridden it in temps up to 85. Can't wait till it gets into the 90's this summer. I never thought the C14 felt big during the 20,000 miles I put on it. The FJR feels harder to lift off the sidestand than the C14. I am only 5'7 @158 lbs and can't flat foot either bike. That has not been an issue for meat all. Usually I only put one foot down at stops. My '06 RT was the same but was much lighter than the Jap bikes.

Main reason I sold the C14 was because of K-Pass and I was to lazy to do all of the maintenance that was due. The FJR's cruise control was the final straw.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator: