New Yamaha/Givi discovery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaYzerman19

Go Wings!
Reaction score
Stopped into my local Yammy dealer, and saw this Givi box that strangely looked like a V46 redesign. Lo and behold it has nice wrap-around red lenses on the sides and a third brake light. On the top was a Yamaha logo and the Yamaha symbol. Rather classy, much lower than the OEM Yamaha top box. The only drawback was that it was all black, with a grain on it. Still not bad at all, especially for those of you without one.

The Yamaha part number is 46L-W0754-00, and I have seen a price tag of US$136... of course you'll need a mount, and I would recommend you use one of the adjustable ones out there, not Givi's (looks awful, yes?).

Just thought y'all would like to know about this box. It may be for the scooter line? I wished I had taken pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped into my local Yammy dealer, and saw this Givi box that strangely looked like a V46 redesign. Lo and behold it has nice wrap-around red lenses on the sides and a third brake light. On the top was a Yamaha logo and the Yamaha symbol. Rather classy, much lower than the OEM Yamaha top box. The only drawback was that it was all black, with a grain on it. Still not bad at all, especially for those of you without one.The Yamaha part number is 46L-W0754-00, and I have seen a price tag of US$136... of course you'll need a mount, and I would recommend you use one of the adjustable ones out there, not Givi's (looks awful, yes?).

Just thought y'all would like to know about this box. It may be for the scooter line? I wished I had taken pictures.
I'm in Newmarket, but visit Burlington frequently. Who's your Yammy dealer?

3283827-worthless.gif

Yamaha 46L Top Case.

Please note: To fit, you may also require a Rear/Luggage Carrier and/or a Mounting Plate. Mpre details can be found in our range of Accessories catalogues, available from you local authorised Yamaha dealer.

Suitable for the following models:

* X-City 125 '07-'09

* X-City 250 '08-'09

* Majesty 400 '04-'09

* TMax 500 '01-'09

* FZ6 '04-'06

* FZ6 S2 '07-'09

* FZ6 Fazer '04-'06

* FZ6 Fazer S2 '07-'09

* XJ6 '09

* XJ6 Diversion '09

For picture go here ---->https://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/acc_details.jsp?accessoryCode=46L-W0754-xx-00

Thanks, fixed it for ya

46LW07540300_HR.jpg

Much nicer than the crappy Yamaha box

Will it latch to the Givi base?

It has to be more aerodynamic than the original Yammy topbox....

That looks like a V46 with a different lid on it.
Nice!!
I believe you are correct there, looks exactly like a V46 base to me as well. I wonder if one could source a replacement lid for this new box and see if it will fit an older box.

Stopped into my local Yammy dealer, and saw this Givi box that strangely looked like a V46 redesign. Lo and behold it has nice wrap-around red lenses on the sides and a third brake light. On the top was a Yamaha logo and the Yamaha symbol. Rather classy, much lower than the OEM Yamaha top box. The only drawback was that it was all black, with a grain on it. Still not bad at all, especially for those of you without one.The Yamaha part number is 46L-W0754-00, and I have seen a price tag of US$136... of course you'll need a mount, and I would recommend you use one of the adjustable ones out there, not Givi's (looks awful, yes?).

This is the top case for the T-Max scooter and has a load limit of 11lbs.

On closer inspection, it does not look like a G46 base. Notice the difference with in shape the red reflector panels:

Givi%20V46.jpg

It definitely appears to be a Givi product, based on the latch and release mechanism, but not anything they already sell.

It is definitely a Givi product. When I was at the dealer Kelly's Cycle, Hamilton, ON, it was sitting on top of the box it came in.... GIVI. So yes, it appears Yamaha has sourced it to Givi, and all you need is a Givi mounting plate, or other aftermarket plates with Givi adapters.

Fred W, your picture gives the impression the lid is painted, and at least the one I saw is not. It's just black grained molded plastic. If there is a painted lid version, I would consider painting it my bike's colour.

It also appears different enough from a V46 that parts are not interchangeable. Why would you anyway, this thing is already less than half the price of a V46.....

Not my picture, it was Silent's that I quoted. He seems to have linked to one on the Yamaha Accessories website. Here is the other one on that site that shows the black pebble finish:

46L-W0754-00-00_2_HR.jpg

But, FWIW, when I bought my Givi V45 it came with a pebble finish black lid. I paid extra to get a color matched lid replacement. Maybe those are available for the one Yamaha is selling too.

Whatever that new trunk is, it is not on Givi's website. So the big unanswered question remains: Is it a monokey configuration, or monolock. Those are the two rack systems that Givi makes, monokey being the better one.

Never having had a GIVI, and being in possesion of the Yamaha mount for thier bag, does anyone know if there is an adapter so a GIVI product could mount to it?

And sorry about the minor thread jack.... :eek:

Maybe one of our Canadian buddies could get a picture of the bottom of it, to see if it's compatible with a Givi Monokey base?