New Zumo upgrade released

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
Garmin has released a new version that upgrades the firmware. Lots of upgrades !

* Allow panning from main map. Touching vehicle on main map displays coordinates and elevation in save dialog.

* Added more fields to the trip computer including fuel gauge odometer.

* Enabled compass display full time with additional data fields.

* Enhanced XM weather support which is available from XM button on the main menu.

* Enhanced traffic incident reporting.

* Added support for SDHC cards and increased MP3 playlist limit to 1000 songs.

* Added Audible books support.

* Added option to limit BT headset audio to phone only.

* Added option to display track log on map.

* Added track log archive function.

* Modified import /share pictures to work directly from jpeg viewer without the checklist.

* Added support for the modified drawing styles present in certain specialty maps.

* Display unpaved roads differently than alleys, expanded zoom level where favorites are displayed.

* Disables auto-zoom operation when off-road.

* Added ability to treat certain route vias as shaping points which will not be flagged or announced. Qualified shaping points are Intersections and points on roads which are not addresses, such as I-35N or HwyA. Requires routes to be created with MapSource 6.12.1 or using the zumo route planner.

* Enhanced off-route recalculation for mixed on/off road routes and routes with shaping points.

* Added support for new Pre-Recorded voices for Brazil, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia.

* Updated US/Canada Daylight Saving time support.

* Correct shutdown when enter more than 4 vias.

* Correct issue preventing conversion of tracks to routes in southern hemisphere.

* Correct issue which prevented writing recent tracks to the GPX file.

* Correct issue which prevented finding points of interest after search where city was spelled.

* Correct issue which prevented finding some addresses with overlapping maps.

* Correct issue where a truncated route could contain an erroneous point.

* Correct issue where a truncated route could be stopped incorrectly.

* Correct behavior when two Cyclops safety cameras are in range.

* Correct handling of track to route conversions that are completely off road.

* Correct issues with simulator going off route.

How would this update be installed to the Zumo?

I'm working on getting one, probably through e-bay, and it may not be the current version.

Thankyou

Once you get your Zumo go to https://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp get WebUpdater and install it. Once installed simply plug your Zumo into the USB port and start the WebUpdater program. It is all automatic from there. Also, if you install MapSource, make sure you go to the help menu and update it to the newest version. My older version didn't see my Zumo.

How would this update be installed to the Zumo?
I'm working on getting one, probably through e-bay, and it may not be the current version.

Thankyou

Hey Highlander.

I noticed on my Zumo that the fuel gauge resets every time I turn off my bike/Zumo... Is this normal? Why have a fuel gauge if it resets like that?? At first I thought it saw I had pulled into a gas station and assumed I filled up :lol:

Version 3.10 released today !

* Corrected unit shutdown related to map drawing.

* Corrected position of the traffic alert button on main map.

* Pause trip computer time update in charge mode (automotive mount).

Yaeh Spunk, my gas resets also, I'd like to get rid of the gas function too !!