Newbe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farkles

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Ok first great Board. I have decided to buy an FJR next year. Feb or march. Great info on here so have questions please be easy on me. I do have and 81 Midnight 1100LG

1. Buying from the person on this site (D&H Cycles) can I do this with the yamaha credit? ( I am not as rich as you guys and can't pay for it cash) :p

2 Is there or is there not a PDP? I am going to purchese with either a bank loan or the yamaha credit but don't want to miss out. It is in th ecold season here so waiting untill jan or feb to buy bike is ok with me.

3. The clicker. Man hard choice. Which one A or AE?

2 Is there or is there not a PDP? I am going to purchese with either a bank loan or the yamaha credit but don't want to miss out. It is in th ecold season here so waiting untill jan or feb to buy bike is ok with me.
There is NO PDP. See this post by lotecredneck (he's a Yam dealer)

To "AE" or not to "AE". All up to you...personal preference. TurboDave seems happy w/ his AE. That's all I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be a good idea to read the latest issue of Motorcyclist mag, they compared the FJR AE, BMW k1200gt and the Honda ST1300. The FJR came in last and it was directly caused by the push button shifting. They start off the article by saying that if the FJR had been the A model the results would have been much different. Personaly I would go with the A model. To me there is no advantage to the AE. JMHO

If you are fine with the A, I'd get that. Unless you are into the latest and greatest gadgets, and need to have the next new technology. I'd wait on the AE until all the bugs are worked out, the 06AE is the ginny pig model to work out Yami's new electronic paddle. If its not successful, and they don't "recoop" there investment..it may just be the thing of the past and discontinue it.

If you are fine with the A, I'd get that. Unless you are into the latest and greatest gadgets, and need to have the next new technology. I'd wait on the AE until all the bugs are worked out, the 06AE is the ginny pig model to work out Yami's new electronic paddle. If its not successful, and they don't "recoop" there investment..it may just be the thing of the past and discontinue it.
Great Advise still deciding have a few months to go I will be happy with either. I love my XS1100 and am sure I will like the FJR.

I happened into D&H in Cullman a day ago. They are looking to see how they can still help us out with the PDP gone. I'd give them a call -- they may have come up with something to lock in a very low price for you.

If allocations go by sales -- I believe they sold around 70 this year -- so their allocation should be pretty high.

good luck deciding A or AE -- im very happy with the AE

( I am not as rich as you guys and can't pay for it cash) :p

Since the A saves you a good deal of money and based on your comment above this is a no brainer. That being said, I do enjoy the paddle shifter on my C6 Corvette so a quandry indeed.

( I am not as rich as you guys and can't pay for it cash) :p

Since the A saves you a good deal of money and based on your comment above this is a no brainer. That being said, I do enjoy the paddle shifter on my C6 Corvette so a quandry indeed.
Does that mean your a big F1 fan?

Welcome to the zoo. You'll find the animals mostly friendly. In case you haven't found it, check this thread about buying through D&H.

Thanks. WIll check on it. After reading post on this site I am sure I have chosen the right bike. Not only because it is that style I like but the owners on this site are great.

You guys are making it hard to wait untill next year to get this.(local yamaha dealer doesn't have any) and weather is getting nasty here. I was on the way home last night and was surrounded by bikes. it was like I needed a fix.

I can't wait untill I can post I bought one. but will continue to read post to amuse myself and to gather info.