NEWBIE AGAIN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SURDR

Reaction score
I have been looking for another bike to put in my corral. I have a 04' Bonneville now but want something a little bigger to haul me and my wife on. I started looking at the BMW 1200RT (pricey), then the ST1300, nice but is heavy, then I ran acros the the FJR 1300, nice, nice , nice. But I can't find one to sit on or ride. I called a dealer and he said, oh, you have to order one in, what? I have a couple of Yamaha 4 wheelers and my boy had a R6 and now has the new 450 4 wheeler racer, whatever that is. Anyway I've been around Yamahas. This appears to be a real nice bike and would probably fit my needs but don't want to lay out the $ unless I can ride one. I'm in Southern Utah (best riding country around), anyone have one around me? Anyway, I'll be checking in on ya from time to time to get the latest. By the way, anyone know what the 07' color etc is? Thanks for putting up with my wanderings. Jack

I have been looking for another bike to put in my corral. I have a 04' Bonneville now but want something a little bigger to haul me and my wife on. I started looking at the BMW 1200RT (pricey), then the ST1300, nice but is heavy, then I ran acros the the FJR 1300, nice, nice , nice. But I can't find one to sit on or ride. I called a dealer and he said, oh, you have to order one in, what? I have a couple of Yamaha 4 wheelers and my boy had a R6 and now has the new 450 4 wheeler racer, whatever that is. Anyway I've been around Yamahas. This appears to be a real nice bike and would probably fit my needs but don't want to lay out the $ unless I can ride one. I'm in Southern Utah (best riding country around), anyone have one around me? Anyway, I'll be checking in on ya from time to time to get the latest. By the way, anyone know what the 07' color etc is? Thanks for putting up with my wanderings. Jack
Jack,

If you were a little closer to me I'd say stop by and ride my 2004. But Utah is a little bit of a trip to Vermont (where the best riding is by the way). I don't think you'll go wrong with a FJR. I know I didn't.

Tom

Welcome

Its been an disadvantage to not have this special bike on the show rooms for new customers. Usually only the elite characters who are mature enough, witty and have strings to pull can have these special edition bikes from yamaha. Kidding aside, if you call around, you might find an 06 around to see, and as of the color for 07, I think they will be offering colbalt blue AE models, and Silver A models.

Use Yamaha's web site to find all 'local' (100-200 miles). Also, you can try CycleTrader, Craigs List, Ebay, and of course keep you eye on the for sale section here. You're gonna love this mile eater !

It's a shame you weren't on the fjrforum to know about the WFO rally in Reno, NV, during the end of July. See WFO-5 for background. Mama Yamaha was kind enough to truck over their semi with two 05 FJRs for demo rides during the rally.

Keep an eye out for someone in your eye and they'll likely volunteer their bike for at least some saddle time, moving or not.

surdr(you a hobbit?), I've ownwd a ST1300. I had a 06' FJR. If your lookin for a great sport-tourer, get the FJR. For the money and minimal maintenence hassle, it can't be beat. Even runs on 87 octane gas.You'll love it. But learn it's power carefully.

gulag, don't know what you mean by "hobbit"? I have never owned a ST1300 if thats connected. I find the specs on the FJR much more to my liking over the ST. Thanks for the replies, I'll stay in touch. Jack

Cedar City - great little town. I have been through there several times. Usually hitting that state highway that climbs up into the mountains east of town. Great riding. Except for the time I almost hit that f'ing forrest rat. That was NOT fun.

Welcome to the madhouse.