Newbie Help - Where to buy in the SF Bay Area?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamalude

Reaction score
Newbie here and I'm looking for a new 2006A. I'd like to get an idea from the board as to where they bought their FJR, how they were treated and the OTD cost.

I've just started my search and the best I've found is $14,100 OTD.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Newbie here and I'm looking for a new 2006A. I'd like to get an idea from the board as to where they bought their FJR, how they were treated and the OTD cost.

I was at Yamaha of Napa a few days back and they had two of them on the floor. Im not sure about now but you can ask. Call Jeff Monroy or Dave at 707-254-7432. It's difficult to get a California dealer to deal because the bikes are scarce and you can't buy out of state.

In California $14k OTD is a good price. Given that you didn't have to wait like some suckers it's a GREAT price. Run and buy it before someone else does.

People have been buying the bikes for 1 to 2k cheaper otd in other states....but 1) you can't register out of state vehicles in CA without lots and lots of trouble 2) We have pretty high sales tax and registeration in CA...lots of states don't

Check out this previous thread -

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=8060&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't bought new yet, but I was wondering how to lure you over here from where I recently saw what looks like a duplicate post somewhere :blink: else.
It's difficult to get a California dealer to deal because the bikes are scarce and you can't buy out of state.
2247302-plus1.gif
Reason #2 I didn't buy new. #3) The color thing.

In California $14k OTD is a good price. Given that you didn't have to wait like some suckers it's a GREAT price. Run and buy it before someone else does.

People have been buying the bikes for 1 to 2k cheaper otd in other states....but 1) you can't register out of state vehicles in CA without lots and lots of trouble 2) We have pretty high sales tax and registeration in CA...lots of states don't

Check out this previous thread -

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=8060&hl=
Thanks for the link to the OTD prices - I guess $14.1K is an OK price. Now I wonder if I can get them to toss in the extended warranty?....

Now I wonder if I can get them to toss in the extended warranty?....

If they won't (probably not) and refuse to sell it to you cheap, remember that D&H will sell it to you for $389.00. That's what I paid for mine and its good in CA. Don't let them stroke you and say its not, the YES is sold through Yamaha and is good anywhere int he U.S. (FL residents are the only ones who may not participate in this savings).

So Yamalude, did you even try Yamaha of Napa? It has been my experience that you won't strike a deal over the phone, you have to pay a visit and be ready to deliver.

+1 on the Y.E.S. and make sure they don't give you that after market crap. Mine kept crying that at $400 he was only making 50 bux. I told him that's 50 bux more than he would be getting if he didn't make the deal.

So Yamalude, did you even try Yamaha of Napa? It has been my experience that you won't strike a deal over the phone, you have to pay a visit and be ready to deliver.
I'm very close to having the cash in hand, so once I get an idea how much $ I need, I will call Yamaha of Napa and arrange a visit.

Thanks again for all the sage words of wisdom.

I was at Yamaha of Napa a few days back and they had two of them on the floor. Im not sure about now but you can ask. Call Jeff Monroy or Dave at 707-254-7432. It's difficult to get a California dealer to deal because the bikes are scarce and you can't buy out of state.

When I checked on an 06' Napa wanted 15,200otd. Waaayyyyyy tooooo much.

When I checked on an 06' Napa wanted 15,200otd. Waaayyyyyy tooooo much.
When was that? I have a friend who got a reasonably good deal there. It is easier to deal when two are on the floor and another two on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was back a few months ago just when they started coming in. I got a quote from the sales manager himself while I was stopping by while I was in napa.

Checkout Mach 1 motorsports in Vallejo, I bought my 05 there and the owner JEFF LEGGITT was really stand up on the price of both the bike and the YES plan. I just looked and at his web site and it shows a FJR1300A with a MSRP price of $13,499.....Ouch! Still might wana call to see if that’s what their asking or just posting Yamahas rubber stamp sales ad. By the way regarding the YES plan, I didn't buy it when bought the bike but went back before the 1st year was up and paid around $400 for it. I thought it was for 36 months, plus the 1-year factory which would give me a total of 48 months, right? So I thought, when he first sent it in to Yamaha they sent me the papers, which showed 24 months of extended coverage. So I called him back and he contacted Yamaha, They said no problem and I received another plan that is for 48 months (4 years), this is a total of 5 years of coverage. I didn't even know Yamaha offered a 4-year YES plan. Anyone else have this? Or is this standard? And yes I confirmed the 48 months was in addition to the 12 months of factory coverage.

They said no problem and I received another plan that is for 48 months (4 years), this is a total of 5 years of coverage. I didn't even know Yamaha offered a 4-year YES plan. Anyone else have this? Or is this standard? And yes I confirmed the 48 months was in addition to the 12 months of factory coverage.
Completely normal.