Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbrit

Reaction score
I have just negotiated an OTD price of $13400 for a brand new 2006 Blue FJR and wondered if anyone has any comments as to whether I can get a better price here in AZ. Appreciate any input, I'm selling my 2005 Goldwing if anyones interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just negotiated an OTD price of $13400 for a brand new 2006 Blue FJR and wondered if anyone has any comments as to whether I can get a better price here in AZ. Appreciate any input, I'm selling my 2005 Goldwing if anyones interested.
You could have negotiated a slightly better price, but 13,400 is a disasterously high price either. I have heard AE models going as low as 12,999 out the door. I have not noticed a low price on the A model, but I am sure some people will chime in.

The problem you have is the dealer knows he can sell it for 13,400 to someone else so you may not get a better price from that dealer.

Orangevale is right. Although I haven't yet heard of $12,999 OTD AEs, I did get lower and lower prices from local dealers (here in SoCal) just by leveraging one quote aganist another. Eventually you'll hit rock bottom. (I ended up buying a 1700 miles used '06A with $3k worth of farkles for $10,750 from a private party. I'm happy. :D

There's one here in Delware for $12,400, I believe. I've heard tales of people getting them for under $12k. I was happy to get mine at just over $12,000.

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an FJR. What dealer are you working with? OTD includes everything; bike, delivery, setup, docs, tax and lic?

BTW, a few weeks ago the dealer on Bell offered me an '06 FJR at $13k but w/o tax and lic. There was more room but I wasn't ready to buy.

noob, get a better avatar.

You can negotiate down to 12000+YES for under $400.

I bought mine for 12,300+YES 2 months ago.

You should do better.

You could plan on travelling and save $1000 easy.

So do the search and ya shall find a good deal on a 06.

Better yet, buy a used 06 from the idiots still around ;-)

Be merciless, as they deserve the folly. Shoot for $11K for less than 5K miles.

I like my deep blue 06. If you prefer cherry red, then go for 07.

Or, just buy an 07 from D&H for $11,799 and you will really be getting a deal, hell you could fly in there with the money you saved and break her in riding home.

Skippy

In mid-July I paid $12,500 for a 06, without much negotiation. That is bike price, not including tax.

XBrit,

Like Skippy says, order an '07 from D&H ( 877-392-6242 ) for $11,779. They're telling me mine will arrive in December. Since December weather could be iffy, I'll probably just take my trailer and pick it up. Either way, a trip to Cullman is still waaaay cheaper than my LD price.

4 yr. YES plan is $389. from them as well.

When I bought my FJR (years ago) the Alabama price was pretty well known, even then. Well, my local dealer came to within $500 of their price -- and, it was over 1000 miles to Cullman AL. I weighed the time and costs (I couldn't justify it as vacation) and the just good rapport I had with LD -- and, bought locally. Haven't regretted it. Sounds to me like if we were talking '07 you'd certainly be in the ball-park. Talking '06 -- I don't know.... :blink:

2 areas of contention: "OTD" price -- whatever that means? And, "here in AZ" -- won't go to New Mexico (or, other nearby state)?

Bottom line: the dealer in Alabama sets the price from which we all work.

Two ways to look at this...

If the "deal" you get is important , yeah , you might be able to do better. Going out of state to pick up a bike just to save $1000 or so could be an option then.

If however just getting your hands on an FJR to ride is more important to you than what you have to pay, go for it. Sounds like this is your "local dealer" that has the bike, and sometimes being fair to them (meaning letting them make some money on selling you a bike) can pay off later if you plan on frequneting the dealership. I did not pay alot under MSRP for mine, but my dealer has gone out of their way to help me out on many occasions.

So , If you are in no hurry to have one of the best bikes in the world parked in your garage while you search for a "Deal" ...that is entirely up to you....

KM

Mine cost me $15,600 OTD so if nothing else you can just be happy you didn't take it as hard as I did :) I bought mine when there weren't really any around to buy so my dealer had to find it and bring it in from a couple states away...they didn't even pretend to smile when I brought up a different price. I paid MSRP plus shipping, tax, assembly, etc...and then drove it 239 miles and parked it cause I haven't had one spare second to ride it since :(

Mine cost me $15,600 OTD so if nothing else you can just be happy you didn't take it as hard as I did :) I bought mine when there weren't really any around to buy so my dealer had to find it and bring it in from a couple states away...they didn't even pretend to smile when I brought up a different price. I paid MSRP plus shipping, tax, assembly, etc...and then drove it 239 miles and parked it cause I haven't had one spare second to ride it since :(

Ouch! And you haven't even been able to ride it? Geez, and I was feeling bad for the victims of hurricane Katrina...until I read this. This was brutal, brother. Where's the humanity?

$11,499 from D&H for my 06A. Then I got to ride her home to Rhode Island from Alabama. :yahoo: Isn't life grand... :rolleyes: :D

It was to me, I decided I wanted a bike, I wanted the best one made and ended up here with a new FJR...then work kicked my ass and I haven't ridden since