NIGHT CUTTERS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PHID's are popular, thrifty wattage wise, and spendy. I, and many others, use Hella FF50's, relatively cheap, effective, just the right size dimension wise, and work beautifully.

If you aren't doing a lot of night driving and are worried about wattage Cyclegadgets has some PIAAS with brackets. Good but not the best lighting but allows you to run heated garments bucause of the reduced wattage. Good compromise.

What extra lighting works best on a fjr? :unsure:
Depends on what you need the lights to do for you.

If you're mostly interested in safety and being conspicuous to drivers, the Night Cutters are a good choice; the MotoLights might be even better.

But neither is what you want if you need lights to actually see far down the road. For serious night work, the PHIDs or the giant Hella FF200s are the way to fly. Both are horribly expensive (though you should note that there will be a Group Buy for the PHIDs next week).

The Hella FF50 lamps are decent lighting for what you pay for them, but they aren't even close to the two HID lamps in light output, and on top of that still cost 26 watts more than the HIDs.

I do a lot of night driving on mostly 4 lanes. There are no street lights available and I worry about hitting debrie on the road, so I really need a light that I won't out drive. :bigeyes: