Nitrous

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmak

Reaction score
Promised I'd keep those interested in the loop. I have the bottles installed and am awaiting a pressure regulator that should arrive this week-also for the weather to change, which still calls for snow flurries in this neck of the woods. I had to craft brackets for the bottles that I attached to the bolts holding the rear footpegs and cans. I could have tapped the rear strut, but would rather not. My old "tuner" is standing by with a dyno and we'll give it a run when I can get there. Photos will follow when I get a chance. The nitro set-up is from DynoTune, the pressure regulator from BoonDockers.

SANY0153.jpg

Ok, I have to admit that is freakin bad ass. Dare I inquire how much we are talking for that set up?

not very savvy here...
what does Nitrous do, and would WC install it on his bike?

In a nutshell, it increases the amount of oxygen in the fuel/air mix, thereby increasing combustion pressures, i.e., horsepower. Same thing a supercharger or turbocharger does...but it does it chemically, not mechanically.

Now WC, he probably prefers a strong hit of Crown Royal to a blast of NO2.

:)

Wondering if you're gonna use some sort of covers for the bottles. I've always preferred stealth.
I considered that, but if I went that way I'd mount the bottles in the bags. It's so uncharacteristic for the FJR to have nitrous, so I figured I'd advertise it a bit.

Hmmm! Those photos are dated 11/11/2011...does that bike have a flux capacitor for time travel?
It's that fast already?

Ok, I have to admit that is freakin bad ass. Dare I inquire how much we are talking for that set up?
Not really what you might expect-the basic set-up was $300.00, but you can get a single bottle for $200.00. The original set-up uses smaller bottles, but I added larger bottles, pressure gauges, so total came to $368.00. I then added a pressure regulator ($125.00) from BoonDockers and figured I'd better throw on a filter ($30.00). Around $500.00. If you don't want to get fancy you can probably get a single bottle set-up for $200.00 (basic). Not bad when you figure it cost me more than this 25 years ago for more intricate set-ups.

Latest posts