No longer waiting...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota_c69

Reaction score
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well, I picked up my 2009 Yamaha FJR1300 today. It was the one I test drove the day before. I went to the dealership today at 10:30 am and left at 2:00 pm after insurance was S L O W faxing out my new insurance. :angry2:

It was a nice day, with a few clouds and about 20C/68F. The salesman I dealt with was great and he had the bike all polished up and looking a beautiful black! When I finally got the papers in order the bike was moved outside to put on the plates then the sky opened up and a deluge ensued!!! In the 4 seconds it took to bring the bike back inside the dealership it got SOAKED! It was OK, but wet and just wet enough to ruin a good wash. So, I waited a half hour and the rain let up. So on with the gear (ATGATT), and onto new shiny new toy!!! There were 30 Kilometers on the ODO when I turned on the ignition. I put 25 of those on the day before during my test ride. Quick warm up and then off I went.

Took the scenic way home and about 10 minutes out it absolutely poured rain again…surprisingly the rain didn’t get my torso wet (power windscreen!), but legs, arms and hands were soaked! At one point I thought it was hail! I put on 100 kilometers in the trip home and it was a great trip, but a lil damp. After some food and small talk (Everyone stop talking to me, I wanna go RIDE!) with the family I hit the road again for a short 40 kms. Now the temperature is sitting at 11C/51F, but the FJR kept me warm even though I was only wearing a summer Joe Rocket textile jacket and pants with all vents open… Impressive!

So, overall it was a great day and I am very tired as I spent last night like a kid on Christmas Eve, and then dreamt about the day over and over again when I did get to sleep! I did come to the realization that Mother Nature HATES me. I had a beautiful day to drive out the pick the bike up and some ‘weather challenges’ (Never saw a Tornado Watch in my city before) for the rest of the day, not to mention my last day off is calling for rain and thunder showers too…

Lastly I have a couple of photos of the bike at the dealership before I rode away! Sorry for the quality, they are from a cell phone, even though I always complain about guys going to pick up their new bikes and NOT carrying a real camera! I forgot mine too! :(

IMAGE_083.jpg

IMAGE_084.jpg

IMAGE_085.jpg

IMAGE_087.jpg

Congrats Dakota! I took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago, and have loved every ride on it since.

Ride long, ride hard, ride safe, from a fellow Canadian. :) (Halifax)

Nice one Dakota. I am a little puzzled though, my 08 has no clutch leaver, just the flappy finger switch gear selecter. Is this not the case in north Amerca, or do you have a choice of with or without a manual option :questionmark: :unsure:

Congrats on the new toy, and welcome aboard. Looks like you were the fella who was at Walt's the other day when I was picking up a few parts...

Quite a few of us in Calgary and area now, we could almost start our own sub-group :)

FJRGuy to the white courtesy phone please... paging FJRGuy...

Now if only we could get some decent weather...

Griff

Congrats on the bike!

I had a similar situation when I bought my 09, when I got to the dealership to pick the bike up, I signed all the papers, and then the skies opened up. I put my first 100 miles on her in the pouring rain...

Good luck and let's start racking up the miles :)

Congrats on the bike!

I had a similar situation when I bought my 09, when I got to the dealership to pick the bike up, I signed all the papers, and then the skies opened up. I put my first 100 miles on her in the pouring rain...

Good luck and let's start racking up the miles :)