No Mar Tire Changer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wikco changer HAS to be a combination of the Harbor Freight changer and the MoJo lever, all painted blue. I have all those pieces in HF red. You are welcomed to come to my house and try them.
The MoJo lever/bar has a severe shortcoming because its Delrin ends are not quite long enough to avoid scratching and they mash/deform very easily.
I think the HF changer is a cheap knockoff of the Wikco changer (and I know a guy who has changed 100 tires with his Wikco, including car tires) and the Mojo is a high grade copy of the Wikco mount/dismount bar. I don't understand the comment about the Mojo's shortcoming because I have changed 31 tires with mine (including a rear Parelli Strada and 2 Goldwing rear tires), haven't scratched anything with the Mojo, and the only damage to the Mojo to date is a couple of light gouges in the dismount tip. I have a second tip in case I ever need it which cost $7.50. Last summer I changed a rear tire for a vistor who has changed tires with the NoMar and he thought my setup was a lot easier to use.

Tire changing is more about technique than equipment, find what works for you and go with it.

The Wikco changer HAS to be a combination of the Harbor Freight changer and the MoJo lever, all painted blue. I have all those pieces in HF red. You are welcomed to come to my house and try them.
The MoJo lever/bar has a severe shortcoming because its Delrin ends are not quite long enough to avoid scratching and they mash/deform very easily.
I think the HF changer is a cheap knockoff of the Wikco changer (and I know a guy who has changed 100 tires with his Wikco, including car tires) and the Mojo is a high grade copy of the Wikco mount/dismount bar. I don't understand the comment about the Mojo's shortcoming because I have changed 31 tires with mine (including a rear Parelli Strada and 2 Goldwing rear tires), haven't scratched anything with the Mojo, and the only damage to the Mojo to date is a couple of light gouges in the dismount tip. I have a second tip in case I ever need it which cost $7.50. Last summer I changed a rear tire for a vistor who has changed tires with the NoMar and he thought my setup was a lot easier to use.

Tire changing is more about technique than equipment, find what works for you and go with it.
I'm just too lazy to go back and add IMO to my previous post. :)

Carry on!

FYI, it would seem the HF changers can be quite different from one to the next. I noticed this after seeing a friends and comparing to mine. Various parts are welded on one, while bolted on the other. Some parts are completely different designs, leading to better/worse performance. Dunno what the deal is, but there are significant differences.

ZOOOM, Just so you know the thread is over 2 years old. I hope he figured it out by now :rolleyes:
Fencer, yes but apparently the subject hasn't died.
You're right, the subject of tire changers has not died. This thread was brought back to life asking about a Wilco changer (not No-Mar). The original topic is long dead.

FYI, it would seem the HF changers can be quite different from one to the next. I noticed this after seeing a friends and comparing to mine. Various parts are welded on one, while bolted on the other. Some parts are completely different designs, leading to better/worse performance. Dunno what the deal is, but there are significant differences.
I had a welded one and broke the welds in 10 minutes 1/2 a change in. I would not reccomend the HF from my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a welded one and broke the welds in 10 minutes 1/2 a change in. I would not reccomend the HF from my experience.
You get what you pay for and the HF is cheap. The only reason I spent a whopping $70 for it is that my son-in-law is pretty handy with a welder and he said he could repair or replace any part that broke. So far nothing has although I have had to make some mods to the rim holders and bead breaker to make it scratch proof. If I had it all to do over again and knew I was going to be changing a lot of tires, I would buy the Wilco because I think its mount/dismount bar works better on stiff tires than the Nomar bar.

The No Mar takes a little getting used to, but after using mine 4-6 times and re-watching the DVD (for techinque reinforcement), I can now change a tire in about 3-5 minutes. Piece of cake and glad I bought mine.

The No Mar takes a little getting used to, but after using mine 4-6 times and re-watching the DVD (for techinque reinforcement), I can now change a tire in about 3-5 minutes. Piece of cake and glad I bought mine.
We'll need to see that. I'll be by with my tires.

We'll need to see that. I'll be by with my tires.
Might as well........all my other free-loading buddies stop by! Funny how they can always carry their new tires with them, but leave the shiite behind. I gotta find a dumpster.

IMG_1958.jpg