No more CCT rattle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Krase

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, silence is bliss! Cam chain had a light rattle since I bought my '05 a couple months ago, with only 9,700 miles mind you, and I didn't think much of it. After a few thousand miles of listening to it rattle more little by little :crazy:I ordered up one of the revised one's, slapped her in and man does it sound nice!!! So nice in fact that the lack of something rattling made me feel like something was missing. So that promped me to hang my new Road Demon bell my wife gifted to me for our aniversary. Its much nicer to listen to than the slapping chain! :eek:k:

Ahhhhh, silence is bliss! Cam chain had a light rattle since I bought my '05 a couple months ago, with only 9,700 miles mind you, and I didn't think much of it. After a few thousand miles of listening to it rattle more little by little :crazy:I ordered up one of the revised one's, slapped her in and man does it sound nice!!! So nice in fact that the lack of something rattling made me feel like something was missing. So that promped me to hang my new Road Demon bell my wife gifted to me for our aniversary. Its much nicer to listen to than the slapping chain! :eek:k:
Not sure the bells will do much, but the new CCT did something. :D
Good job on replacing it.

BTW - You have an 05 with only 9,700 miles??!!! Holy smikes!!!! The bike isn't even broken in yet! How did you find one such low miles? Must be a Cali bike. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea it sure is. Found it just north of L.A. At a small dealership. They had it for about 3 months with sticker of $6999 then one day I saw it relisted on cycle trader for $5399 which was well within my price range and after calling I found out it had been dropped once on each side and the owner basicly got fruterated and traded it back in. I had a local body shop repaint the side cases, and both right farings, new bar ends and a few farkles and she's good as new. I was absolutly elated about the mileage! Even came with the top case. Couldn't pass it up.

Yea it sure is. Found it just north of L.A. At a small dealership. They had it for about 3 months with sticker of $6999 then one day I saw it relisted on cycle trader for $5399 which was well within my price range and after calling I found out it had been dropped once on each side and the owner basicly got fruterated and traded it back in. I had a local body shop repaint the side cases, and both right farings, new bar ends and a few farkles and she's good as new. I was absolutly elated about the mileage! Even came with the top case. Couldn't pass it up.
I think I remember that one on the forum.
Good deal for you! :yahoo:

I just snagged my '05 ABS with <4400 miles. there's another up here with only 2200 miles for sale but it didn't have mods that mine has. All the rest I saw and checked up here were 24k and up. It was worth it to me to spend a little more for something in showroom condition without paying the showroom price!

Has any one tried removing the CCT and adjusting spring tension .

Their is a clip that holds in a spring and spring retainer . The retainer has four tabs on it . Tabs permit the retainer to be reinserted at 180 degree intervals . So the spring can be tensioned by 1/2 turn minimum or more if necessary . I have tried this on my 03 and the noise has subsided . Took approx one hour .

Before starting work I stopped by the local dealer and talked it over with him. Yama was contacted and stated that their was no issues with the CCT. We already know their is an updated tensioner. If this does not produce a perminent cure I will be looking to Yama for some answers and some parts at cost .

16fNeverSayNeverAgain.jpg