No PICTURE Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
With 50F and a 30 mph breeze, the Damn Ice finally melted yesterday, leaving a "Clear Path" from my garage to the street.Black Hills BMW Group has their weekly Koffee Klatch somewhere in Rapid City, strangely never at a Starbucks?

This mornings coffee was at Dunn Brothers, it was 33.5 F when I rolled the "Yet to be named" GSA out of the garage after gearing up with my Gerbing Jacket and Gloves as well as my Merino wool long johns. I set the digital controller to 5 and 5, figured I could adjust along the way if needed though my remote Heatroller has taken a crap on me, changed the battery with no improvement in operation, didn't have time to mess with it, but I recall it being a bit intermittent in operation when I rode home from Skip/Zipps in October after the fateful BMW GS Test ride.

I 90 was clear and unbusy, the 5/5 settings were fine, the GSA burned the tarmac handily. Not the same as the "Gray Ghost" but quite comfortable and surprisingly quieter than the FJR as far as helmet noise factor. With my Head sock on I can comfortably ride the GSA at freeway speeds with no ear plugs. Who woulda thunk?

Ten people at coffee, three rode, seven caged, WTF? Not many opportunities to ride in December in these parts. There was only a little sand and that was mostly confined to the outer edges of the intersections and on-ramps One Icy spot beneath a bridge on I-90 but I could see it from afar.

The Jacket and Gloves worked to perfection. Amazing how having the back of ones hands warm makes things so much more comfortable.

The group was generally unaware of Black Hills Moto and Alex Johnson, I shared contact info with them, hope they take advantage of the opportunities.

I left Rapid City about 1200, the temperature was a right balmy 50F with little breeze. I rode home taking frontage roads then a detour through Belle Fourche just to enjoy a little more time on the road. Got home just in time to see the end of a Great Vikings Victory and a great Dallas Ass Kicking!

Life can't get much better than this. Next week a run to Minneapolis for a quick Christmas Visit with my "Portland Rose"!

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year too!

Nice BigJohn, it's always a treat to sneak in a wintertime ride!
cold.gif

~G

Golly, John. I was hoping you'd treat us to more photos of that beautiful GSA, ...the king of all motorcycles.
Michael, My arms aren't long enough to take a selfie of me and the bike.

I'm afraid to get a Selfie Stick after watching FJRay threaten to insert one crosswise rectally into a Chinese Tourist at the Grand Canyon.

Golly, John. I was hoping you'd treat us to more photos of that beautiful GSA, ...the king of all motorcycles.
Michael, My arms aren't long enough to take a selfie of me and the bike.

I'm afraid to get a Selfie Stick after watching FJRay threaten to insert one crosswise rectally into a Chinese Tourist at the Grand Canyon.
Sorry, sometimes my diplomacy skills are lacking.
uhoh.gif

Been riding the Babe's FZ-07 for a week. No pics because this is an FJR Forum.

(By the way, that bike is a hoon's wet dream. I have to change pants as soon as I get home.)