Nolan N-104 Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAF

Reaction score
Well I need a new helmet so I bit on this Nolan.

It will not be shipped out until February.

I looked and looked but the only two helmets that floated my boat was a C-3 or this Nolan. Since I am not made of money I chose the N-104. I have a N-100 I have been running for too long so I figured why not give this a try?

Here is a link Webbikeworld reviewed in pre production.

Nolan N-104

I use my own bluetooth so it was not with that in mind buying this helmet.

It has some very unique features and at 377.96 to the door from Revzilla it fits me better than 699.00 for a C3.

I will let all know when it arrives.

LOVE the Nolan helmets. I went through two N-100 helmets. The first saved my life after a car ran a red light and T-boned me sending me over the hood, into a 40 foot face slide head first into a concrete poll (that holds the walk/don't walk sign). That was enough to make me believe in Nolan. Once I started riding again, I purchased another. It was getting kind of raggy so I decided to replace it with an X-Lite X-402GT, which had to be ordered from Germany. X-Lite is made by Nolan. The Nolan N43 is the US version, but I liked the styling of the 402GT better.

I, for one, will be interested in what you think about it because if I decide to get another modular, this would be the first helmet I'd be considering. What type of Bluetooh device do you use? I use a Scala G4 and wouldn't be interested in their built-in Bluetooth device so I'd be interested in hearing how easy it was to set up your Bluetooth. I've tried helmets before that was almost impossible to connect my G4 to.

Happy New Year!

- Tim

Wow, that is good news. I see the Pinlock system is still in place and the inside sun screen is nice.

Look forward to your review... my N102 is getting older and so far still a champ.

What is different from this model as seen from the pictures, the AirBreak Ridge (anti-buffetting) on the back of the Helmet is about 1-2" further down from the top from where the old Ridge was located.

Hope this still works the same the like the old one does.

What is different from this model as seen from the pictures, the AirBreak Ridge (anti-buffetting) on the back of the Helmet is about 1-2" further down from the top from where the old Ridge was located.

Hope this still works the same the like the old one does.
Not sure since no one has had one on a ride yet and talked about it.

My 100 was born on 06/04 so it is far overdue. Most of these things on the N-104 I have never experienced from any other helmet such as the air break ridge, eyebrow vents, the new venting system using tubes as directional flow, and they are using two helmet frame sizes as the C-3 for weight savings and matching to body frame size. I

I like the metal rod for the closure mechanism as my 100 is not as robust in that area.

They claim, chin guard open it still gives a great ride up to 65 MPH.

I have used a Schuberth J1 for the last 4 summers which is really my favorite helmet but it has some issues. The inside sun shield has an issue where it's retainer is broken on one end and it gets hung up sometimes. But the best thing about it is the view. It is like being in a fish bowel.

Since the rods and screws in my neck limit head rotation I need all the view I can get out the sides and this is what has drawn me to N-104. It's visor is huge top to bottom and side to side and I need that as a safety concern for me.

It just seems like a good helmet with great features for a price point I can live with.

You always hear what is your head worth and all that but how much difference can there be at the top of the helmet chain? The big point for me was Nolan builds it all themselves, even down to the pin lock which is unheard of. Others need to have the visors or this or that made somewhere else. Nolan produces all it's own parts.

Of course it is all for not if it does not pan out but I have a good feeling on this and pretty excited about a new helmet.

Seems I cant stop spending money, a new Day Long seat set and a new Helmet will be coming in the same month.

...But the best thing about it is the view. It is like being in a fish bowel.

Since the rods and screws in my neck limit head rotation I need all the view I can get out the sides and this is what has drawn me to N-104. It's visor is huge top to bottom and side to side and I need that as a safety concern for me.

It just seems like a good helmet with great features for a price point I can live with.

You always hear what is your head worth and all that but how much difference can there be at the top of the helmet chain? The big point for me was Nolan builds it all themselves, even down to the pin lock which is unheard of. Others need to have the visors or this or that made somewhere else. Nolan produces all it's own parts.

Of course it is all for not if it does not pan out but I have a good feeling on this and pretty excited about a new helmet.

Seems I cant stop spending money, a new Day Long seat set and a new Helmet will be coming in the same month.
Thanks for the extra feedback. The features of this helmet are impressive and did not know that Nolan builds their helmets from the ground up.

Can't wait to hear about your review when you get it.

Have a Great New Year!