Nolan N-Com System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questions, Comments, and Just plain wise crack remarks are welcomed.

Thanks

Keone

Keone, I looked at using the Nolan helmets with bluetooth, and also the Dainese helmet with BT. IMHO the Nolan looked a bit cheap to me, whereas the Dainese was much better quality. Sound quality was good too, and easy to use etc.

Yer pays yer money and takes yer choice...

Noddy

I guess I'd have to see it so I could figure out what N-COM realy means in this context. I had no problem fitting speakers to my Zeus and I don't see any reason I couldn't fit other communications gear in there as well. The N-COM doesn't include the actual communications gear, just the helmet. If you buy this helmet and the Nolan N-COM electronics for it (Not inexpensive), can you move that stuff to another helmet in the future or is N-COM some sort of system that is only compatible with N-COM helmets?

As for Nolan. I never owned one but their modular helmets have a good reputation among the MSF crowd around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Geezer:

I was refering to the communication gear. I was also considering the Starcom1 Advance system but Im a bit confussed. I want a "Wireless" system that will allow for

Phone

Nav

Bike to Bike

Rider to Pillion

Music

The Starcomm1 systems bluetooth addon reads like it only adds phone call capability. can anyone comment on this?

so far her are my pro/con for the N-com system

Pro's

all the functionality listed above

2 speakers in helmet

Con's

No Stereo music delievery (but then none of the othere systems that Im aware of has stereo music delievery)

Helmet brand specific (Nolan only I think)

Price doesn't seem to be an issue.. it looks like I could spend the same if not more on another system.

thanks

K

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, sorry I guess I didn't read your first post carefully enough.

I was looking for an inexpensive way to have wireless to my helmet last year but never found a stereo wireless system I liked. I tried to use one of those FM transmitters that they sell to use your IPOD in your car and a small FM receiver that I could just carry in my pocket, but it picked up too much noise from the power source on the bike and I never followed up on an idea to isolate it.

The Starcom is true stereo, but there is not a Bluetooth helmet set available as yet. There will be in the not to distant future, but it will not be an "inexpensive" alternative. I have no pricing or release date information.

The Starcom is true stereo, but there is not a Bluetooth helmet set available as yet. There will be in the not to distant future, but it will not be an "inexpensive" alternative. I have no pricing or release date information.
A Starcom will probably be my next major farkle. At this point I'm not sure how important the wireless capability is to me. It would be nice if the wireless feature is something that could be added to existing systems rather than requiring a whole new box.

Sorry to break the news to you, but the n-com helmets do no include the electronics. It must be purchased separately. the n-com helmets have the cutouts already and the space to put the electronics/battery/speakers/etc...

Take a look at the Dianese helmets. I went to the store down in NPB and checked them out. They helmets are more expensive, but the electronics are built in.

So I found a lot of information on this system at advrider forum... Seems like lots of BMW guys. Anyway, a few folks love this system, they say the wireless option works well, for some better that expected.

After really looking into this system Price would be an issue. To purchase this system in its most wireless configuration, it would run me about 1,100 bucks (includes 2 Nolan helmets). You don't even get stereo music for that price. Too much money to be wireless. I just ordered a Starcom1 Advance Kit B (two FF Headsets) $344.00 Shipped...

K