Nolan N43 Trilogy - US- Version

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pale Rider 07

Reaction score
I bought a Shoei RF-1100 when I got my bike. It got great reviews, felt good and is Snell 2010. After using it for a month or so, I'm beginning to regret my decision. Don't get me wrong...this is still an excellent helmet, but not for what I need. The peripheral is pretty good, but the vertical is very short. I sit high on the FJR and I have to tilt my down just a bit to see my gauges. Today was also pretty hot out and I didn't like all the padding in the cheek area pressing against my face. I'm not known to be claustrophobic (I'm a certified cave diver) but I feel as if I'm looking through a windshield...not the effect I was going for. I have tried on the Nolan N43 and what a difference in the view. The chin guard almost disappears from site and you feel as if you are wearing an open face helmet. I also like the idea of being able to pull up next to someone I'm riding with and say a few understandable words.

In reviewing the N43 several people have commented on how noisy it is compared to a normal full face, however none of these reviewers have stated if they are behind a windshield or not. So I'm curious if anyone here is using or has used this helmet.

Thanks!

Dave

I have the n43-air (ordered from england) Same helmet but with top vents. It's a bit noisy (I wear ear plugs on long rides) but not really that bad. I really like the versatillty of it, being able to remove the shield & chin bar. And the inner dark visor is nice to have. The only drawback is the shield is up or down no in between. I take it off in warm wheather anyway, & ya still have a chin bar. I take the chin bar off in really hot weather so it's an open face and I can easily drink from my camelback.

I dont know if this helps but ive been using a N102 N-com for the past year a am very impressed with the visability and the noise inside i stupidly took out the inserts in the ears which would reduce this even more i highly recomend these even though they are a flip face style

I have a N102 on the shelf that does not compare to the RF-1000 I currently wear.

The Nolan (to me) was heavy and noisy. It's foam lost shape after 6 months. At highway speed it would pull on my chin strap trying to fly off. It fit perfectly the first few months I owned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've ridden with a nolan for the past 2 years I really like it alot for the versatily. Yes it is noisier but earplugs do aleviate that on longer rides the flip down dark sheild is a blessing for shadows and tunnels a great buy :rolleyes: