Noobie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeuel

Reaction score
Just checking in, just picked up a 2010 FJR with 11K on the clock. It is in excellent shape just needed a deep cleaning and all the fluids changed and evicting the Chipmunks (I believe) that had taken up residence under the seat and in the air cleaner (second picture). All of this was done directly, fortunate they did not start in to the wiring and everything cleaned up very nice. Bike runs and rides fantastic and maintenance so far has been a breeze. I have been on Harley's since 2009, Latest is a 23' Road Glide and the 17' Road Glide (137hp and 145 ft lbs, it is a Beast ) in the picture that I put 70K miles on and now my son owns, so much fun to go riding with my son!!!

Thanks in advance for any and all wisdom that is shared, I plan to ride this one a lot!

IMG_2633.JPEGIMG_0736.JPEG

That filter is UGLY!! Congratulations on the 2010 (I have a 2011 with 100,000 miles).
Lots of help here on maintenance, farkles and advice.
Search function works well, but if you have questions, ask away.

The FJR has more HP than the Road Glide although torque is less. Repair costs, reliability and longevity can't be beat.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome from DFW. I visited your beautiful state in October. Be careful when you take that bike to the Dragon or Moonshiners. I am amazed the rodents took to your air filter that heavily without doing significant damage along the way. I'm trying to figure out how they even got into it as it is enclosed on both ends, unless they chewed through it.

Welcome from DFW. I visited your beautiful state in October. Be careful when you take that bike to the Dragon or Moonshiners. I am amazed the rodents took to your air filter that heavily without doing significant damage along the way. I'm trying to figure out how they even got into it as it is enclosed on both ends, unless they chewed through it.
The air filter is open on the intake side where the air comes in behind the side cover. I have been through the Dragon and Moonshiner in or on most of me vehicles. While the Dragon is something everyone should experience at least once there are so many fantastic roads in Western NC that we hit as often as we can! Cherohala Highway and Foothills Parkway to name a couple.

The air filter is open on the intake side where the air comes in behind the side cover. I have been through the Dragon and Moonshiner in or on most of me vehicles. While the Dragon is something everyone should experience at least once there are so many fantastic roads in Western NC that we hit as often as we can! Cherohala Highway and Foothills Parkway to name a couple.
I was there in October for the first time. I did the Dragon both directions, twice, the Cherohala, and Moonshiners. I don't guess I knew of the Foothills Parkway or maybe I did it without realizing it. We were based in Robbinsville. Of the three I did, Moonshiners was my favorite. I get more out of the scenery and rubber necking than I do pushing myself to the limit, even as low as my limits are. :)