North Florida July Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flapsup

Reaction score
So, a couple of us were standing around at the Thursday Night Harley Hangout (Hooters) in Tallahassee, trying to talk over the rolling thunder :huh: and a couple of FJR guys sez "Why don't we hook up for a ride sometime soon?" We all sez that sounds like a good idea! :lol: So, not wanting to leave anybody out, let's pick a date and go somewhere.

I'd like to suggest Sunday, July 15, and go to Bainbridge Ga for breakfast and Lumpkin, GA for lunch. Lumpkin is about 30 miles south east of Columbus GA on US27, and there's a pretty good mom and pop cafe that does a real nice fried chicken buffet on Sunday. About 130 miles one way, and there may be an interesting county road or two. Us flatlanders could marvel at little low hills and curves that don't involve an on-ramp to the superslab.

If anybody has alternatives, PLEASE, put 'em up!!

my best friend and family live in golden eagle, have to schedule a visit then...
WPB as in West Palm? I'm from there when Military Trail was the end of town.
one and the same...

the trail is now 6 lanes... only things still standing you'd remember is ww lumber, and the elemementry school just north....

even westgate is mostly paved...

Nice talking to you Jim.

I'm planning on going, unless I take a local group on a scalloping charter.

See you at Hooters

Capt. Bob

OK, so we are at 6 or maybe 7 now! Kool! :yahoo:

Hooters parking lot, 7:30 am for departure OK with everybody so we can try to get out before the temperature gets up.

It'll be hot, so don't forget to HYDRATE! :dribble:

I am in Tallahassee today for my son's wedding. My brother-in-law is here from Scotland. We are leaving for Deals Gap tomorrow (Sunday) AM. He is riding the FJR and I am riding the ST1100.

Our plan is to go to Leeds Alabama and tour the Barbers vintage motorcycle museum on Sunday. Monday we will ride to Helen GA and then on to stay at Robbinsville NC. Tuesday AM we will ride the gap both ways and then head south. We will stay somewhere in south GA Tuesday night, and continue on to be in Okeechobee Wednesday night.

This is kind of a rushed trip because the wedding is today and my brother-in-law has to catch a flight back to Scotland on Thursday afternoon.

Anyone want to tag along (or lead the way) for part or all of the trip?

Bob

Borrec,

there is only one Hooters in Tallahassee - from your part of the country, take North Monroe (US 27 South), about 2.5 miles south of I-10 on the right.

Road Glide,

I thought we'd try to get rolling first at about 7:30, get two or three local roads out of the way, then stop for breakfast about 8:30 or 9:00 in Bainbridge GA.

If anybody wants to do something different, please chime in!

OK, so we are at 6 or maybe 7 now! Kool! :yahoo:
Hooters parking lot, 7:30 am for departure OK with everybody so we can try to get out before the temperature gets up.

It'll be hot, so don't forget to HYDRATE! :dribble:

Count me in. I took out charters these past two weekends so I'm free this Sunday. I assume your bike is running fine after reading some of your other posts. That mod did little for me by the way but I've never changed it back.

See you at 7:30am.

Capt. Bob

Borrec,
there is only one Hooters in Tallahassee - from your part of the country, take North Monroe (US 27 South), about 2.5 miles south of I-10 on the right.

Road Glide,

I thought we'd try to get rolling first at about 7:30, get two or three local roads out of the way, then stop for breakfast about 8:30 or 9:00 in Bainbridge GA.

If anybody wants to do something different, please chime in!
Sounds like a plan! I'll see you there.