North Georgia FJR Rally!! Mark your calendar!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to check my work schedule tomorrow and see what it looks like for taking that Friday off...only 300 miles away +/- and I have not been on these roads with the new bike.

I take it that means you picked on up Chris? If so, congratz and we'll see ya up there.

If I'm healthy enough i will be there. if i listened to my wife I'd be a damn Yankee but i have refused to move south. she fell in love with it when we lived in Charleston. they are talking about another surgery this could be a nice recuperation.

If I'm healthy enough i will be there. if i listened to my wife I'd be a damn Yankee but i have refused to move south. she fell in love with it when we lived in Charleston. they are talking about another surgery this could be a nice recuperation.

Recover quickly and come on down! The trip should be magical at that time of the year.

If you have the time, you could do Skyline Drive and then south on the BRP. Note there are two detour sections north of Asheville.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have actually talked the wife into sleeping in a tent, I think. As of now we are coming up on Friday and staying until Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

The wife and I bought a new (smaller) tent the other day in preparation and we are planning on camping off the bike. It should be interesting. We will be loaded down like the Clampett's moving to Beverly. I'll try to remember to get some pictures. :)

The wife and I bought a new (smaller) tent the other day in preparation and we are planning on camping off the bike. It should be interesting. We will be loaded down like the Clampett's moving to Beverly. I'll try to remember to get some pictures. :)
I actually went bigger!.. Dumped the 2-man and bought a 3-man. There was no way she was getting in that thing with me. :D

Mike, you and Michelle just wait. While all the camping needs plus two up on one FJR should be very impressive, I fear how much my wife will try to load on her SV. Photo's will be a must.

I take it that means you picked on up Chris? If so, congratz and we'll see ya up there.

It's coming. My business partner and I got one for each of us. I told him he could have the first one that got here. Yeah, it showed up yesterday. Well he is on vacation until next Wed. I went up there, fired it up and sat on it. He is lucky I didn't leave on it. Man that thing is gorgeous. Sounds mean too.

I have searched the topic but what is the best exhaust for the bike? Not opinions, what is considered the best? They seem few and far between.

Oh yeah and the bike better be here by the 10th!

exhaust is always a personal choice. I like my Holeshots and if ya ever want to give them a listen, just let me know and we can meet up. Remus makes a damn nice set as well.

Thats a good question. I've never been up that way, so having a genreal time would help knowing when to head out.

Hi Y'all,

If'n you want a room in the lodge, PLEASE make your email reservations right away. GT and Britt report that they are getting inquiries from other folks.

I plan to be up there in the early afternoon on Friday. That will allow time to set up the tent, have a toddy, and be ready for meets, greets, and dinner.

Don't forget that TWO is in a dry county. We will be making up some printed routes, gpx routes and other data that we'll post after EOM.

Hey, ONE EOM rally and then TWO. Not bad! If you haven't posted that you plan to attend yet, please do.

We have 22 folks signed up as coming, so far.

Hi Y'all,
If'n you want a room in the lodge, PLEASE make your email reservations right away. GT and Britt report that they are getting inquiries from other folks.

I plan to be up there in the early afternoon on Friday. That will allow time to set up the tent, have a toddy, and be ready for meets, greets, and dinner.

Don't forget that TWO is in a dry county. We will be making up some printed routes, gpx routes and other data that we'll post after EOM.

Hey, ONE EOM rally and then TWO. Not bad! If you haven't posted that you plan to attend yet, please do.

I called a week ago and there were no rooms left to be had...... Camping anyone? Maybe I should have said I was with the FJR group!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Y'all,

I called a week ago and there were no rooms left to be had...... Camping anyone? Maybe I should have said I was with the FJR group!
Yup, they told me the same thing so I just bought a bigger tent for the wife.

I will be in the area (Gatlinburg) starting on that thursday. If I'm not on my FJR I will be on my brand new GL1800 that I pick up on the 7th. I'm coming all the way from Balad, Iraq to there for R&R. I look forward to meeting up with the group and making some new friends. If someone could keep me in the loop as far as routes and stuff I can plug them in the Garmin and make sure to meet up with everyone.

Thanks,

GG