Not even 4 days -- Dropped it..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohan

Reaction score
I dropped my 2009 FJR while trying to figure out where to park; Nothing major but a few scratches/rash on the rear view mirror and the fairing.

Does any one know where to get a OEM touch up paint?

I dropped my 2009 FJR while trying to figure out where to park; Nothing major but a few scratches/rash on the rear view mirror and the fairing.
Does any one know where to get a OEM touch up paint?
Sorry to hear about the drop; it's painful, I know. You can order paint from Colorite here:

https://www.colorrite.com/

Also check the discussion in the Bin O'facts.

Sucks when it happens, but we've all (well, maybe not ALL, but certainly MOST) been there. I reckon the scuffs are like dueling scars... gives the bike character ;)

Griff

welcome to the drop club, at least you got it out of the way quickly.

Been there done that. Busted a mirror, and scratched a side bag. Bought FZ1 mirrors, and living with the scratch. It adds character :)

I just about dropped mine in the driveway on Sunday. I was sitting idling in neutral waiting for my wife to come out of the house and when she did she had a hat she wanted me to put in the side bag. I shut it off, pulled the key from the ignition and turned around while still seated to open the side bag. As I leaned over and back twisting to the right to open the bag, the bike started to go to the left, and it was everything I could do not to let it go. My back is still sore. Lesson learned. Sidestand first then screw around.

Bah.

Chicks dig scars, man.

Go out and kick that fat heavy pig over on the other side so there are matching scars on both sides.

:blink:

Yup...My first drop broke my heart. Now...Well, if nothing broke that has to be fixed to ride, I don't worry about it. Pick it up and make it go vroom...No one will notice the scratches at 70mph.

I dropped my 2009 FJR while trying to figure out where to park; Nothing major but a few scratches/rash on the rear view mirror and the fairing...
Don't feel bad. I'm dumber than you. I dropped mine after 1.5 miles, at my first gas stop.

If it makes you feel better, I dropped on my left side within two months. A few weeks later, dropped in my right side.

The good news is that when I drop it again, it won't be a big deal because the scratches are still there.

Framesliders... :dribble:

More like skateboard wheels bolted to the frame. Just keep your insurance and let them pay for NEW plastic when ya scratch em up :yahoo:

I dropped my 2009 FJR while trying to figure out where to park; Nothing major but a few scratches/rash on the rear view mirror and the fairing...
Don't feel bad. I'm dumber than you. I dropped mine after 1.5 miles, at my first gas stop.
Sorry to hear about the drop. But I got you both beat. I dropped mine while still in the dealer parking lot. I was on it for no more than 10 seconds and definitely traveled no more than 10 yards. I must hold the record for quickest membership into the drop club.

i bought a used 08' from a guy who dropped it a couple of times and must have ridden it against a wall...lots of scratches.

i bought touch up paint from Colorrite. color matches pretty good. application was what sucked. after many tries, i just sent it off to gary and he fixed it up as good as new. cost a few bucks more than the cost of the paints and the clear coats i bought from color rite.....

No worries, drop stories are funny as hell, usually. I haven't dropped the FJR but when I had my ST, which seemed more top heavy, I dropped it pulling into the fire station for work. I did a slow turn to park next to a cop bike, thought I had set the side stand down and proceeded to drop my bike into that cop's beemer and both ended up on the ground...with me standing there dumbfounded and everyone at shift change looking on and falling to the ground laughing their asses off. In hindsight, funny shit! I think it took a whole year to stop hearing crap about that one.