November 17 IL-WI ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar8000

Reaction score
It will be scorching 47 degree mid day on Saturday. It is a perfect weather for riding. I do not know where we will go or how long we will be gone. All I know is we need to get together and just ride.

We have gotten few new members from WI lately, plus, one of our own just had an addition, Tim. We can meet up with WI folks at Lake Geneva for breakfast and then if Tim up to it ride to Rockford area to say hello. Since he probably wont able to venture far.

Like I said, call this ride what you wish, as long as we enjoy each other company and the ride I would think we had a great day.

If anyone has a nice route in mind post up, if not I have a decent route in mind that can start from Highland Park area and then take us to lake Geneva.

DAMN, another ride I have to miss.

Keep in mind that Saturday is opening day for gun Deer season up in WI, so the deer will probably be moving around A LOT. Watch out!

Also, I don't advise going for a scenic walk in the woods.

If you guys want to stop by our place in Rockford to say hello, you are more than welcome. I will be up in WI during the morning, and early afternoon, but I would think I will be home by 1:30 or 2:00 at the very latest. If it looks like this will happen, I will PM Cougar directions to my place.

Maybe I can get some time off for good behavior by next spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I left my wife alone with the 2 kids anymore than is absolutely necessary.....well lets just say I don't think my body would ever be found.

Oh sure, I get the bike in october and nobody can ride. Now that I have a broken limb, a nice ride just pops up, hmmmm. :p Have fun and be safe guys.

If I left my wife alone with the 2 kids anymore than is absolutely necessary.....well lets just say I don't think my body would ever be found.
I know that is why I suggested that we ride towards you in hopes that you can get away for an hour. You know go to the grocery shopping, fill up gas in wifes car :)

The only reason I am able to get away is we have found a sitter and wife will have help.

Boy am I interested in this one....probably one last hurrah before the holidays.

(Note to self: must think of way to explain yet another day of riding to the SO)

I already commited to a RTE in Goshen, IN. for 11:30 am, maybe if I ride fast---- :)

Maybe next time

Oh sure, I get the bike in october and nobody can ride. Now that I have a broken limb, a nice ride just pops up, hmmmm. :p Have fun and be safe guys.
Man you are having just one hell of a year. Hope next year goes a little smoother for you. And congratulations on your new scoot. Glad you were able to get everything worked out.

devanator

Love to ride but can't on Saturday. Is Sunday possible?
Sat my wife would have help with the kids, so I can go play with you people. Plus, weather is better on SAturday. However, if Sun works better for most then by all means we can either move it to Sun, I just wont be able to ride more then 2 hours, or better yet lets have another ride for those that can only do Sunday :yahoo: What do you think Jon?

Plan for Sat will be posted either today ot tomorrow. I am swumped at both of my jobs. If anyone has a prefered route send it to me. Keep in mind that I navigate by stars so I might screw up somewhere.

Here is what I have in mind. We meet in Highland Park at 9am at Starbucks, plenty parking. From there we leave at 9:30 and go north using local roads. Then some 41 and then local again all the way to Lake Geneva. Get there by 11:30 or so. have lunch and ride more local roads. I have to be back home before 3pm so to take my oldest one to the movie. Or is it he who is taking me with him. :)

Starbucks location is

Renaissance Place

1849 Green bay Rd

Highland Park, IL 60035

847-432-8806

It is 1/2 block north of Central Ave. on the east side.

So, who else besides Brooklyn and Murph we should expect? If you are late my cell number is in my profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you are still talking about riding on SATURDAY, and not on SUNDAY as had been suggested at one point?

Not that it really matters for me, but you never know.