Now I'm A Yup.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMMER!! So sorry about your tip-over. It's never too late to get Mokos :)
That's the funny (?) thing... Just the evening before Bob commented to me that he really needed to get his Moko's on order. Kharma, doood. Hey, look at it this way, your 'Cerulean Battle Cruiser' now shows the scars of battle! :eek:

Isn't he a MSF intructor?

Hum, Radman what do you have to say about that :haha: :haha:

Sorry to hear toecutter...

That WOULD be funny.

No, but I could probably teach you some CPR if I had to.

Took an MSF class back in January before the Feejer showed up.

That WOULD be funny.

No, but I could probably teach you some CPR if I had to.

Took an MSF class back in January before the Feejer showed up.
My bad, I thought someone on this forum was...

First drop: Must not have gotten the sidestand down all the way. Strained my back a little getting the bike back up. TOG worked. Touched up minor scratches on left saddlebag. No other damage.

Second drop, two weeks after first drop: After 600 mile ride from Miami to Tifton, GA, parked the bike on the asphalt in a motel lot, came out an hour later and found the bike on it's side...freaking asphalt had caved in under the sidestand, 3" diameter hole in the pavement. TOG worked. REALLY strained back righting it. Rode in some pain the rest of the way to Atlanta. Touched up minor scratches on left saddlebag. No other damage. In pain for 2 weeks while visiting daughter and granddaughters.

Third drop, two weeks after second drop: Getting ready for 740 mile ride home from Atlanta, back hurting when the narcotics wore off but fine otherwise, loaded luggage up and went inside to say goodbye, heard loud crash in garage...must have been the same as first drop...felt unbelievably stupid. Got help from son-in-law righting it. TOG worked, but bolt broke. Touched up minor scratches on left saddlebag when I got home. Got prednisone injection and tablets and lower back exercise program. Back is pretty much OK now.

I'd like to think that only (ONLY?) two drops were my fault, but tell me if this is a world record for tipovers in a one month period? I'm 61 years old and never know when a brain fart will happen, but I'm really careful now to get the FJR sidestand set well. Been riding on and off since 1958, currently own 3 bikes, and have done lots of other stupid things, but never had any other bike fall over because of a sidestand error.

Last edited by a moderator:
but tell me if this is a world record for tipovers in a one month period
Me thinks your forum name appropriate. :D (couldn't resist).

When I put my kickstand down, I leave my foot behind it while I dismount... also leave the bike in gear w/ tranny slack out. Get a cycle foot for parking on ass-fault or gravel. My .02.