Now that its getting warmer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caryt

Reaction score
Well I need get something other that my Tour master's pants for the summer. Last year I didn't get to ride much so I just used my Levi's which I know is not a solution. 1 way is to pull the liner out of the pants or get some Kevlar Levi's, but Kevlar even on sale is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Any other options to protect my tender behind? Anyone have Cycle Sport Kevlar pants...opinions.

Thanks, cary

I may be in the minority, but I prefer the way jeans feel when I ride. Although I do have a pair of true riding pants, they only get used when it is cold or the weather is real bad. I recently ordered Cortech DSX Jeans. While they don't have the same protection as my riding pants, they do have CE armor in the knees and extra protection (kevlar maybe) for the knees and ass areas. They're pretty comfortable and the price was reasonable. Check around the internet. There are a few different makes of these types pants (besides Icon and Draggin) that offer decent prices. Otherwise, pant's like Ashe mentioned above look like they would be good for hot weather. It's all personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I need get something other that my Tour master's pants for the summer. Last year I didn't get to ride much so I just used my Levi's which I know is not a solution. 1 way is to pull the liner out of the pants or get some Kevlar Levi's, but Kevlar even on sale is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Any other options to protect my tender behind? Anyone have Cycle Sport Kevlar pants...opinions.
Thanks, cary
Cary, I've got the Joe Rocket mesh pants (from Newenough IIRC) and they are cool but black. I just saw that Fieldsheer has come out with a silver mesh pant but you might want to read the review of the Fieldsheers first. Actually webBikeWorld seems to have a number of reviews of mesh pants and jackets.

I've been real happy with the Draggin Jeans line of jeans...the ones with the Kevlar lining in the knee and butt areas. I agree, though, that they are a bit pricy. However, they are extremely comfortable and should last quite a while under normal usage. When I don't wear the full armor "Stiches ", these are the ones I reach for.

Have you thought of making your own jeans? You can buy high thread count cordura from ebay at a reasonable price. Make some for the whole family :)

Jeff,

I tried a pair of those. To me the inside of the pant above the knee felt ribbed. The Velcro inside the knee area of the pants, which provides adjustability for the knee “armor”, was something I noticed right-off. Anyway, I hope they work out for you.

Maybe I just need to toughen up.

I can’t handle having my hide abraded while I’m riding. :eek: Know “what I mean”?

Natch YMMV :bike:

I bought the dragon jeans at Knoxville a couple years, and was also disapointed in the "Roughness". Went back to the vender, he said wash em 4 times and all will be well. He was right.