now's your chance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THanks for the link. Here were my thoughts

Yamaha needs a separate image leader model FJR, like the Mustang GT or Corvette ZR1, that raises the performance bar clearly above the C14. I don't know how the MC builders missed this as it is common in autos. While not being a large market share on it's own, it does capture the performance riders. It would allow lightweight changes such as eliminating the adjustable shield (very heavy, high and forward and lightweight tank and sidebags, etc. Without raising the price of th whole line. More importantly is gives the whole FJR line bragging rights and validates the regular FJR's trade offs as truly in the interest of touring. Might even sell a few parts to exisiting owners. It would severly damage the C14 impact as that is really the only reason that model has grown in popularity. The buyer left who would buy it for appearance are a MUCH smaller group and would probably dwindle. How about the FJR X1?
Also, the AE needs a new angle. One might be a direct to neutral button. Best would be an alternate mode that allowed much higher 1st gear revs for "spirited" initial acceleration and lower 1/4 mile times in the magazines. Individuals have done this and the bike makes an incredibly good braket drag racer. Again, while I and most FJR riders don't ride in this manner it allows the all important (for sales) "bragging rights".

Whatever parts differentiate these models should be available at the parts counter for those who would like to update their bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts