Nuvi 765T with Cardo G4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

Reaction score
I have a Garmin Nuvi 765T. It has both a phone and audio bluetooth capability. As I understand it it is basically the same as the Zumo 660. I have gotten it to pair with the G4, but it disconnects. I have seen threads that the 765 can pair with the Sena.

Has anyone found a way to pair it with the G4 as is. I can use the FM, but that puts it on the wrong side of the intercom priority. I talked with Cardo, they just say the 765 can't bluetooth as a headset. I talked with Garmin, they say it can, but all bluetooth are not alike. I'm trying to put together enough information to go to Cardo and say "the 765 can, the G4 can't"

Garmin also told me that if I had a bluetooth headset (like for music) that the audio commands for directions would come though. I need to confirm this (so I can tell Cardo), but I don't have a bluetooth headset. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

I used the 765t with the interphone F4 - it would work fine but it prevents the iphone from also communicating with the headset - only one A2DP connection tot he headset at a time and the only way for the iphone to communicate with the stereo headset is A2DP. You cannot connect the phone to the gps and the gps to the headset - only zumos can do that.

So I went with the zumo 550 - new problem - the zumo communicates with the headset as a 'headset' - which always takes priority over music from the iphone. So if I am using the zumo with route instructions to the headset, it wont let the iphone talk to the headset. Solution - iphone to zumo, zumo to headset in stinky mono.

I used the 765t with the interphone F4 - it would work fine but it prevents the iphone from also communicating with the headset - only one A2DP connection tot he headset at a time and the only way for the iphone to communicate with the stereo headset is A2DP. You cannot connect the phone to the gps and the gps to the headset - only zumos can do that.

So I went with the zumo 550 - new problem - the zumo communicates with the headset as a 'headset' - which always takes priority over music from the iphone. So if I am using the zumo with route instructions to the headset, it wont let the iphone talk to the headset. Solution - iphone to zumo, zumo to headset in stinky mono.
With the G4 I can connect the phone directly on it's own slot. The GPS has it's own slot, but it keeps disconnecting. I'm not worried about making calls via the GPS, I just want the directions.

With the G4 I can connect the phone directly on it's own slot. The GPS has it's own slot, but it keeps disconnecting. I'm not worried about making calls via the GPS, I just want the directions.
Thats different than my problem I guess, but only because you are using A2DP - Can you tell the phone to only connect in a headset profile for phone only and skip the A2DpP stereo profile? Can't on an iphone, but can on a droid or a bberry