OEM heated grip dial

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderX

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So there I am rolling through southern maryland (not that great trust me) at around midnight testing out light combinations. I reach down to dial up some more grip heat and I get a strange tactile sensation. It won't move! Wait a minute! There's a pole sticking up where the dial ought to be. Aggh the damn dial came off somehow (never been messed with).

Unfortunately the entire controller assembly is all you can get part wise for the lowball price of $202. Any ideas from the experience in the room?

Holy Crap!! Those Sons-Of-Bitches should wear a Mask and Point a Gun at You at that Price. I'd go to the Classified-Wanted Section to see if there is a Parts bike out there that is willing to send you the knob. If not, you Sir, are Screwed! :unsure:

a local ACE hardware has a surprising collection of dials and knobs... maybe, just maybe something will fit. without seeing the remaining post, its hard to say

Yeah I looked into that you could put a dial on the upper 0.25 inches, temporarily., there's a weird plastic ring that runs around the pole. Yeah salvage yard, parts bike, that's my only hope!! $40 bounty?

Yeah Zilla that's what I'm thinking. I'll start calling Monday, Ty

Ok, now that you have several directions to go, pay attention to that O-ring! Make sure the knob fits onto it because I'm sure that it stops rain water from going down into that assembly. ;)

If you are callimg yards looking for a controller and comee across a machine with OEM grips, please PM me with info . . . . I need a right grip and Mama Yamaha wants $230 net for one.

I've had luck with Radio Shack, err The Shack, for small replacement knobs. I don't have factory grips, so not sure if that knob is something special. good luck.

I think the new Connie uses the same controller. Would be interesting to see what a Kawi charges.
If that is indeed the case, it's much cheaper than what Yamaha charges. Looked it up using online parts fiche. Here's retail.

21178 CONTROL-SWITCH,GRIP H

21178-0002 1 $87.07