OEM heated grips for the '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
When I picked up my bike a few months back the Yamaha heated grips had yet to be released as an option. The dealer as of last week was telling me that Yamaha still hasn't released them and a call to Yamaha in Cali got me a "we'll call you back in few days" response. I find it hard to believe that they aren't available to the dealer yet since the '06 AE bikes are now delivered and they have these grips as standard equipment. Does anybody else have the grips installed? I know all about other heated grips at a fraction of the cost but since these were paid for already I am just interested in hearing if any of you guys have the Yamaha grips.

I also ordered them for my 06 and the dealer put the 03-05 kit on it and I had to go round and round with them to take them off and refund my $500. which they finally did. Last time I checked the heated grips were still not available here. You may want to check with out canadian connection. It seems they get alot of things not available stateside. Good luck. Everett.. ps you may want to ask for a refund since it is not your fault the grips are not available.

The dipshits did the same thing with mine. They put the '05 grips on and then couldnt figure out why the wiring harness was different. Now I have the grips still installed but not hooked up. I want them touching the bike as little as possible so I guess I might as well just wait until they get the right ones in. Unfortunately my choice of dealers is incredibly limited.

I seem to remember reading also that the '06 factory grips are "speed sensitive" and will become warmer as your speed increases which isn't the case with aftermarket grips.

Last edited by a moderator: