OEM Saddlebags, anyone have a viable alternative?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Givi makes the PL357 mount for the FJR1300. The problem is finding one - I got mine several years ago from a bike shop in England. It cost as much to ship it as the cost. I can now use any Givi Monokey luggage. On long trips I use two E35 side cases and an E45 top case.
https://www.motozone.co.nz/products/accessories/luggage-road-dirt/other-2/givi-pannier-hardware.aspx

With these mounts you could use any Monokey top-loader cases.

scroll down the page above and you'll see it shows as in stock in a New Zeland shop.

Thanks,
Nickelswildside said:
Givi makes the PL357 mount for the FJR1300. The problem is finding one - I got mine several years ago from a bike shop in England. It cost as much to ship it as the cost. I can now use any Givi Monokey luggage. On long trips I use two E35 side cases and an E45 top case.
https://www.motozone.co.nz/products/accessories/luggage-road-dirt/other-2/givi-pannier-hardware.aspx

With these mounts you could use any Monokey top-loader cases.

scroll down the page above and you'll see it shows as in stock in a New Zeland shop.

Thanks,
Thanks

Who would want to bolt big aluminium boxes to such a beautiful motorcycle ? That would be fugly.

A tail pack and the oem bags hold all I need for a weekender. I use a small tank bag too. I cane see how heavy touring requires more space but aftermarket bulk just looks unnatural. A friend here named Fitty tours the country with three bags and quarters for the laundry-mat and does quite well.

I definitely would like some top loading bags for trips. I agree the factory look the best but when I'm on a trip I purposely try to stay out of the bags. Stuffed liners get pinched all the time when closing the lids. When commuting I don't use the bags much, I prefer using the top case because it is easier to get in and out of without crap falling on the ground.

I'm a Givi dealer and plan on adapting the OBK37 sides to my FJR. The OBK42B top (Black just were released) just arrived yesterday. It connects to our SR357 top racks!

valise_moto_givi_obk37b_trekker_outback_37_litres_noir_position_droite__58975.1434404056.1280.1280.jpg
t504__08406.1434405302.1280.1280.jpg

XS310B_Outback-500x500.jpg

I will be utilizing some existing mounts that Givi makes, but modifying them to fit on the FJR with a Cross brace just in front of the rear tail reflector for stability.

Foto-LGMZT3OQ-D.jpg

Wow. ^^^^^^^^^^
love.gif
That looks like Liquid Graphite color. Maybe I can live without the Russell saddle for a while longer .....

At $436, and only 42 liters, I'd probably wait on the topcase, but if there was a plug-and-play way to attach those top loading sidecases, I'd be seriously tempted.

I definitely would like some top loading bags for trips. I agree the factory look the best but when I'm on a trip I purposely try to stay out of the bags. Stuffed liners get pinched all the time when closing the lids. When commuting I don't use the bags much, I prefer using the top case because it is easier to get in and out of without crap falling on the ground.
I'm a Givi dealer and plan on adapting the OBK37 sides to my FJR. The OBK42B top (Black just were released) just arrived yesterday. It connects to our SR357 top racks!

valise_moto_givi_obk37b_trekker_outback_37_litres_noir_position_droite__58975.1434404056.1280.1280.jpg
t504__08406.1434405302.1280.1280.jpg

XS310B_Outback-500x500.jpg

I will be utilizing some existing mounts that Givi makes, but modifying them to fit on the FJR with a Cross brace just in front of the rear tail reflector for stability.

Foto-LGMZT3OQ-D.jpg
Definitely want to see the finished setup!