• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OEM Touring screen with Laminar Lip 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmurphy

Reaction score
Contact info:

Jay Murphy

[email protected]

OEM Touring screen with a Laminar Lip already attached. Came off my 2014 that I do not own anymore. It currently has bugs on it, will need to be cleaned.

$125, free shipping to lower 48 via UPS Ground.

Will send pics if interested.

Thanks,

Jay

Also have the OEM Touring screen with a Laminar Lip already attached. It currently has bugs on it, will need to be cleaned.
Hi, Jay. I'm a fan of finding new innovations of product applications, and this would certainly seem to be an "off label" application.

The note here says: Does Not Fit Yamaha Touring Shield

So I wanted to ask how the Laminar Lip worked out for you on the Touring windshield.

Thanks!

I am pretty sure that note wasnt there a year ago when I bought it or I wouldnt have. It worked fine, would normally ride with the shield raised maybe 2 inches at the most. I am 6' 32 inseam. I put the original back on and immediately noticed a substantial noise difference.

That note was not on the Laminar Lip web site last September when I bought the Lip. I have been running with the Touring shield and Laminar Lip for about 8000 miles with no issues and no buffeting.

Don't the bug's body acid etch the plastic shield if left on too long. Will the bug marks come off?

I know I did that on my 04, and Intech tried to clean them off to no avail...

..I'm much better about bug cleaning now.

Don't the bug's body acid etch the plastic shield if left on too long. Will the bug marks come off?

Mark, please stop posting that picture...you've used it way to much
stunned.gif

Mark, please stop posting that picture...you've used it way to much
stunned.gif
Actually no.

I've used THIS picture below too much...so I didn't this time.
wink.png

Price drop $100 shipped to lower 48. I cant figure out how to post pics but have several ready to send.

Thanks,

Jay