OEM Yamaha Performance Mufflers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
My Yamaha dealer tells me there are genuine Yamaha high performance mufflers with carbon tips. Apparently they perform without a power commander. They also have attached brackets and no ugly mounting straps. Have any of you seen or heard of these? Apparently they sell for about $980US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup...Supposed to be the Akrapovics. Crazy expensive, same "ugly" mounting strap as the Leo Vince and TB pipes and no more special.

Have fun with that. That's a lot of coin for bling...AND I am dumb enough to have spend almost $500 on my TB pipes, but nearly 3x as much?? No way!!

While you're saving your money, maybe consider the Trooper mod: is just about free.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just blinged my stockers. Some black heat coating and Garault tips and no Trooper mods.

After many yrs on Harleys, I like quiet pipes these days lol....

Hmmm....... The Leo Vince cans I put on my 2013 have spiffy black tips, added a bit of peak HP plus 4 pounds of torque around 4,500 RPM with no mapping change at all. They sound very mellow and, thanks to the son of one of our members, came in at a little south of $550 to the front door.

They do have the straps. Which I find to be utterly adorable. They remind me of, well ....... never mind.

I just blinged my stockers. Some black heat coating and Garault tips and no Trooper mods.
I am interested in the process.

What kind of heat coating did you use?

Did you have to strip the chrome?

I agree with the OPs: I like my Leos just fine, and will use the remainder for dead dinosaurs or

...other farkles.

LOL I used the kind where you take it to a shop and pick it up next wednesday! Yes, I think they did blast the chrome.

I work at a Yamaha dealer, YES GYTR cans will be coming soon...........as soon as I hear I'll pass it on...

We have two FJRs in crates... one I know is sold

When we get a sunny day I will ride out to Roseville Yamaha and take a look at the so called Yamaha carbon tipped mufflers with no ugly straps. I note there are members in the Sacramento area. Perhaps one of them could tool over there and have Zac show them the product?

LOL I used the kind where you take it to a shop and pick it up next wednesday! Yes, I think they did blast the chrome.

Let the check book do the work.

Looks great.

I have black Vance and Hines cs1's on '13. Around $850 (I think). I had them installed right from the get go! I love the sound and the look. I get alot of complements as well. The sound is not overpowering. Much quieter than the two brothers on my 05.