OEM Yamaha Performance Mufflers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have Akrapovic on my 2013 and I am happy with them. They are not cheap but I had a better price from dealer. My friend got them even cheaper directly from Akrapovic - like that they are without fjr logo in. Looks great and sound without db killer is amazing! But for touring I have always db killers in.

I'm only interested if the mufflers have no damn strap. I want a clean no added shit on that muffler...period. "If you liked your old muffler look, you can keep your old muffler look, period". Does that sound familiar???

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of money for a pair of slipons that say fjr.....the fjr makes it 700 buck more...hmmmm no

I do have Akrapovic on my 2013 and I am happy with them. They are not cheap but I had a better price from dealer. My friend got them even cheaper directly from Akrapovic - like that they are without fjr logo in. Looks great and sound without db killer is amazing! But for touring I have always db killers in.
Kebo123, I've been thinking on getting into a new set of Akrapovic for a GENIII, what has been your experience so far? Do you have any pics without the saddlebags? Yamahas GYTR oem muffler look pretty cool as well but I haven't seen anyone posting any comments on this forum other than they are cheaper.

As far as the sound, it is well known that it is impossible to reproduce a recorded sound that will impact like the real thing. What do you consider are the differences between the AK and the stock ones? Low RPM? High RPM? Higher pitch?

When we get a sunny day I will ride out to Roseville Yamaha and take a look at the so called Yamaha carbon tipped mufflers with no ugly straps. I note there are members in the Sacramento area. Perhaps one of them could tool over there and have Zac show them the product?
I should be able to get there in the next couple of days.

Kebo123, I've been thinking on getting into a new set of Akrapovic for a GENIII, what has been your experience so far? Do you have any pics without the saddlebags? Yamahas GYTR oem muffler look pretty cool as well but I haven't seen anyone posting any comments on this forum other than they are cheaper.

As far as the sound, it is well known that it is impossible to reproduce a recorded sound that will impact like the real thing. What do you consider are the differences between the AK and the stock ones? Low RPM? High RPM? Higher pitch?
I love my Akrap's. I have them from Yamaha dealer so they are with engraved FJR logo. Friend of mine got them from Akrapovic dealer - same parts as mine only different is that he has glued stickers there instead of engraving and price was more than 20% cheaper. Sound with db killers are not too much different to OEM, but without them sound is great, but not too much disturbing.I ride without db killers most of the time now except trips to Austria - police there is famost by checking this. You can find some pictures here (end of the page)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/157674-what-givi-top-case-to-get/

and here is a picture of my friends one (second photo)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/152779-2013-fjr-digital-speedometer-accuracy/page-3

I love my Akrap's. I have them from Yamaha dealer so they are with engraved FJR logo. Friend of mine got them from Akrapovic dealer - same parts as mine only different is that he has glued stickers there instead of engraving and price was more than 20% cheaper. Sound with db killers are not too much different to OEM, but without them sound is great, but not too much disturbing.I ride without db killers most of the time now except trips to Austria - police there is famost by checking this.
You can find some pictures here (end of the page)
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/157674-what-givi-top-case-to-get/

and here is a picture of my friends one (second photo)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/152779-2013-fjr-digital-speedometer-accuracy/page-3
Nice! Thank you, kebo123. I will use mine in South Florida where, as far as I understand, there are no dB restrictions. I've even seen scooters in Miami Beach wearing Akrapovic mufflers.

Saw Zach today at Roseville Yamaha.

He just sold and installed the OEM Carbon Tip so I didn't see any in the .... metal.
rolleyes.gif

There's a pic of them on the Yamaha website but only shows them in side view. He txt'd the guy he sold them to to ask for photo's which he'll forward to me for posting.

Anyone wants to order from Zach ... they'll get the "special Roger Gilbert" price. Yeah -- "special" .... aren't I
sleep.png

Roseville Yamaha, 916-784-2444

Saw Zach today at Roseville Yamaha.He just sold and installed the OEM Carbon Tip so I didn't see any in the .... metal. :rolleyes:

There's a pic of them on the Yamaha website but only shows them in side view. He txt'd the guy he sold them to to ask for photo's which he'll forward to me for posting.

Anyone wants to order from Zach ... they'll get the "special Roger Gilbert" price. Yeah -- "special" .... aren't I -_-

Any comments about the sound?

He just sold and installed the OEM Carbon Tip so I didn't see any in the .... metal.
rolleyes.gif

Anyone wants to order from Zach ... they'll get the "special Roger Gilbert" price. Yeah -- "special" .... aren't I
sleep.png

Louder than stock and deep mellow. And as I understand, a baffle that's screwed into place with a small weld on the screw - easily removed.

I have used the same set of Staintune mufflers on my 05, 08 & 2014 FJR's. All stainless construction and no straps, they mount the same as stock.

rolleyes.gif

sleep.png

Louder than stock and deep mellow. And as I understand, a baffle that's screwed into place with a small weld on the screw - easily removed.
I wish I would have read this B4 I tried to unscrew the set screws in my GYTR baffles. Finally used a carbide dremel bit and took car of the small tack weld. Easy after that. Baffles out--- Sounds really good. Not to loud to piss anyone off. Baffles in---- Just a touch louder than stock. Wont piss anyone off cause they still cant hear you. Does have a lower than stock tone.