Of Dirt, Tractors, Dogs and Skunks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Tough day at work. In negotiations for a new job, 3 days staight. The chance of more $$ and new challenges was intriguing. Unfortunately, the $$ impasse could not be bridged. A little relieved, yet disappointed, got home and decided to push a little dirt around. We've had just enough rain to make the dirt perfect for disking and planting, if you're a farming type, or for making jumps bigger on the MX track if you're a moto head type. I'm the latter.

So, after warming up the John Deere, commenced to scraping some of the 'good' dirt, e.g. not sand, from one area, then use the bucket to transfer that DG to my 'stockpile'. My little 870 can only scrape the DG when the ground is juuust right, and it takes about a bazillion trips back and forth. Plenty of time to think.

Which is relaxing. Like therapy if you will. The dirt smells so good after the first rain. Sweet yet pungent at the same time. Of course, I had my black Lab running with me while moving this dirt. He loves to run, and when he can run free I so enjoy watching him stretch out the stride, lower and lower to the ground as the speed increases, all in chase of the elusive bunny rabbit.

This time though, the bunny was colored black and white. And had an orifice. An accurate, laser guided, orifice, capable of streaming wretched scents through the air to the target, one black labbie. :dribble:

WTF? That's twice now this year, although this time it was a *Direct* hit. Unlike last time, where I kind of, sorta could smell it, this time it's a tear forming, nostril hair burning, choking gagging smell. I mean nasty. Nasty as one of TWN's ho's. No, I exaggerate. Not that bad...

So into the shower the dog goes. Human shampoo? Hah! No effect. Doggie shampoo? Waste of money. Tomato soup? No use. Ketchup? I have literally thrown every thing in the pantry on that dog and he still reeks.

Such is the wonderful life of living in the country, and I wouldn't trade it for any fine house in the city. Looks like me and old stinky are just going to have to deal with it. Now I know how he feels when I fart in his face. :blink:

C&C has given you the URL to a classic deodorizer recipe. If you feel that you really need to spend money, you can get Earths Balance - Skunk Free and Petastic - Skunk Odor Eliminator from pet supply stores. If that still doesn't cost enough, you can call your vet and have them give you the recipe that C&C has linked you to :lol: Tomato juice doesn't work, don't even think about it. :D

Thanks everyone! I've cut and pasted the de-skunk recipe for future use.

Last night? A clothes pin on the nose.. nah, just kidding.