Official Wfo-5 Web Site - Online!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be, I go through Sonora to get out to hiway49, Parrots Ferryand hiway 4. I will be at Gold Rush motors Friday. The FJR needs new rubber in a big way. I was thinking about putting some avons on it but if I wear out tires faster then I am now, the love of my life might bring the hammer down. So its stock tires for me. Besides, I can't say I ever worked these to their limits :rolleyes:

Later

My suggestion is to have your tires mounted and balanced at Jamestown Harley Davidson. Goldrush only has a bubble balancer, where as JHD uses an electronic Coats machine. Also they don't scratch up your rims. Get them at rock bottom prices compared to the dealer from either fjrgoodies.com or swmototires.com. ;)

OK now back to the regulary scheduled program. :D

I am registered, hope I am around to attend if it is God's will. Look forward to seeing all you folks like at WFO 4.

I am registered, hope I am around to attend if it is God's will.  Look forward to seeing all you folks like at WFO 4.
Dave, by showing up, I'm sure you will be a contender for most farkled FJR. :D

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

I registered and Pay Pal'd for the WFO a couple days ago. How long should I expect to wait for confirmation of my registration?

Thanks

gypsy

I registered and Pay Pal'd for the WFO a couple days ago. How long should I expect to wait for confirmation of my registration?
Thanks

gypsy
I see your entry in the database, gypsy. You registered on 10/10/2005 at 10:44 AM

You should have gotten a confirmation notice right away when you registered on the WFO site. And PayPal should have sent you an automatic confirmation message when you paid your rally fee (which is one of the many reasons we use PayPal - automatic tracking/accounting of funds).

Now, if you made a typo when you entered your email address on the WFO-5 registeration form, that would account for you not receiving a confirmation notice from the server.

Check your PM's, gypsy, I just sent you a note....

Hi Dale maybe I misunderstood. I thought I was to receive another registration code to be used when booking at the hotel? I am not in any hurry to get this I am just curious as to when I can expect it?

gypsy

I'm registered, and can't wait to haul my carcass 2100 miles across the country to get to Reno. Will patiently wait my confirmation number/whatever to allow me to make the hotel reservations...

My online registration (informal) said I'd get the hotel number once I paid... but I used paypal shortly thereafter... must be some lag in the process. I got the paypal confirmation too, but neither of those messages had any info to do a hotel confirmation with.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird to spot a new photo on this forum, realize you were at the event, realize the perspective looks about the same as you remember it, and then realize that the perspective is just a little bit different because you're in the picture. I thought I was having a stroke or something.

I'm the arm-crossed one on the left yackin' with the nice ol' guy on the right about his aircraft carrier deck of a fuel cell.

Anybody ever get a copy of the group photo from WFO-4? I haven't seen one from the vantage point of the guy on the roof.

And I've been pondering how to stage WFO-5 if we get hundreds of bikes.........

Last edited by a moderator:
My online registration (informal) said I'd get the hotel number once I paid... but I used paypal shortly thereafter... must be some lag in the process. I got the paypal confirmation too, but neither of those messages had any info to do a hotel confirmation with.
From my Oct 7th post on the main WFO-5 Discussion thread:

I called our Sales Rep at the Reno Hilton.... their Contracts department have not sent the WFO-5 Account down to the Reservations Department due to some red tape snafu (some dates were misprinted and need to be re-done)
HOLD OFF on making reservations until next week. We have several hundred rooms reserved for now, so no worries, everyone will get your rooms....
I spoke *again* this afternoon to our Sales Rep... she thinks our event should be in their reservation system by now. Sadly, I just tried making reservations, and they still don't have the WFO-5 event in their reservation system.

Our Sales Rep ask me to give her another day before trying to make reservations.

So we'll shoot for Thursday, Oct 13 to try it again....

If hundreds of FJR's show up, have them line up in such a way that it spells WFO5.

If hundreds of FJR's show up, have them line up in such a way that it spells WFO5.
Oh, goody! Can we do synchronized swimming, too? :haha: :D ;)

J/K :lol:

Would like to see some seminars, though. Radman could do one on sensitivity awareness. ;)

Next...

Would like to see some seminars, though. Radman could do one on sensitivity awareness. ;)

Next...
I'll save that for the proposed track day, where I'll ride circles around you. :p

Next...
I'll save that for the proposed track day, where I'll ride circles around you. :p
No doubt. I'm an old fart, ya know. ;)

Count me in! I'm waiting on the whole hotel thing to work itself out so I can make my reservations. I assume that the hotel codes will be sent out upon confirmation that the Hilton is squared away. I paid my fees via PayPal and am waiting...

Considering that I never had to wait in my FJR, I guess this is payback. :eh:

Jim.

Next...
Thats no excuse, plenty of old farts are very good track riders. ;)

Next...
Thats no excuse, plenty of old farts are very good track riders. ;)
Not me. Never been on a track. So, you wanna follow me then, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.