Ohlins sprung

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktown

Reaction score
I noticed some talk back a while about JCMotors having Ohlins for $990.I went to the site with the link and the S46 HR1C1S shock.

Then they said they are factory equipped with 175# rider type springs. They mention to ask you what rider weight at time of order.

My question, do these just get preloaded or is the spring changed for the mentioned weight, rider, passenger and or baggage weight ? I would prefer purchasing for somewhat close to correct spring for me and the conditions of all the above.

SkooterG had these on his wish list or was it a Gen3 ?

I noticed some talk back a while about JCMotors having Ohlins for $990.I went to the site with the link and the S46 HR1C1S shock.
Then they said they are factory equipped with 175# rider type springs. They mention to ask you what rider weight at time of order.

My question, do these just get preloaded or is the spring changed for the mentioned weight, rider, passenger and or baggage weight ? I would prefer purchasing for somewhat close to correct spring for me and the conditions of all the above.

SkooterG had these on his wish list or was it a Gen3 ?
The spring for your weight and riding conditions and how often you ride with a passenger is installed. That's what they asked me and they put the right spring in from my stats.