Oil & Filter Change Coupon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
A nearby Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki dealer mailed me a coupon for a $16.80 oil & filter change. It's only valid during February.

I've always changed my oil & filter in my home shop. But, this is a fairly good price just for the materials. Regrettably, I just changed my oil & filter about a thousand miles ago.

Would it be unfair of me to ask to buy the oil & filter at this price with me making the change later in my shop?

I don't know if their oil is in bottles or if they buy it in 55 gallon drums. They may also use Honda oil rather than Yamalube.

Constant Mesh Posted on Feb 6 2006, 10:11 AM<snip>

A nearby Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki dealer mailed me a coupon for a $16.80 oil & filter change. It's only valid during February.Would it be unfair of me to ask to buy the oil & filter at this price with me making the change later in my shop?

I don't know if their oil is in bottles or if they buy it in 55 gallon drums. They may also use Honda oil rather than Yamalube.
I don't think it'd be unfair to ask -- especially, if you stated your situation as you have here. They may have a purpose for their promotion we haven't thought about, tho? It may be a promo they signed on to sold to them by a third party -- some ad agency? Is it only good for $16.80 applied to whatever the full amount may be?As for oils: who knows?....maybe one of the others may even be better than Yamalube (which I hear they have bottled for them by Citgo)? Suzuki also has their own oil and Kawi (I think?) uses Motul. Often big shops get their oil in bulk (as you mentioned) which may or not be its own problem?

Let us know how it goes.....

Any lube special is to get you into the shop. Usually, a ** point check is included, this is how they sell work. Bulk oil is the rule at most auto shops-skoots have enough of a varied requirement that this may not be the case there.

Last edited by a moderator: