Oil Leak and throttle cable issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some quality wrenching time in the garage today and got quite a bit accomplished. I happened to come across a borescope camera that plugs into my laptop in Canadian Tire that was on sale so I picked that up and used it to check that the gasket is now properly seated and there should be no more oil leaks.

0574574_1-L.jpg

I also used the new toy to figure out how to reconnect the throttle return cable that had popped off back during the G2 throttle tube install fiasco. In the end I pulled the fuel rail and the cold idle assembly and with some dumb luck got the return cable back on the throttle body spool. I just need the new cable to show up for the cruise control which is a much easier install than the return cable and order up and install some new rubber and we will be all set for EOM.

I had heard rumours about how geographically challenged you folks are south of the 49th Parallel but this is really bad.

I was checking the parcel tracking for my new throttle cable and it has now gone from Raleigh, NC to Miami, FL. Last time I looked at a map Canada was in the opposite direction but it appears USPS has their own ideas about that one. Maybe its going the polar route down over Antarctica and then back over the North Pole before it settles somewhere near Toronto. I guess I won't see my new cable now until next week sometime.
not_i.gif

The new cable arrived and I installed it yesterday and all now seems good. I carefully checked the cable for rub points to explain how the cable frayed but none were present. Judging from the wear point on the old cable the wear seemed to occur where the cable exits the adjuster at the throttle body end but it all looks good now.