Old FJR Rider (FJR2006) New FJR Rider, 2019!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CruzerDog

Reaction score
Hello Everybody!

I had a 2006 FJR that went through one of those Florida Hurricanes. I live on the ocean. The water came over the berm and filled the parking up with water over the handlebars!

Well, only 3,000 miles on a FJR 2006, but she was a beautiful hangar queen!

OK, looking at the new 2019!

Wow, some new stuff. cruise control, 6 speed.

I had the corbin Smuggler on the back and their seats. Took off the old man bags on the sides. Going to do that again. That smuggler was sweet!

Another member here was milling billet sliders at the time. Does anybody know if we can still get those here? I should have removed the sliders but didn't have a wrench when the insurance company came to pick the old girl up!

Nice to see the old forum is still alive and kicking!

CruzerDog

Daytona Beach, Florida...

Another member here was milling billet sliders at the time.
That was probably SkyWay, he's been gone a loooooong time.
Thanks for the reply... Yes, A long time ago!

I'm kicking myself for not taking them off the bike... They were pulling it on the Jerr Dan trailer and I said, Oh, crap, I want those sliders!

They were beautiful!

Gary

AKA CruzerDog

You might want to consider some "cages" for bodywork protection. MC Enterprises used to make "canyon Cages" but apparently they have closed. R-Gaza apparently also make a decent product. https://www.ebay.com/str/R-GAZA/

You can mount pegs and/or sliders and/or auxiliary lights on these. They also have a product that protects the rear bags.

Welcome back!