On-line Parts Dealers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
Looking for the obvious:

Lots of "in-stock" (few backorders for common items)

Good prices

Fair shipping charges (some make their profits on shipping!)

Prompt delivery (5-6 business days, or less)

I have checked many on-line parts places but don't have experience with any of them.

Ross

I use CycleParts Warehouse for both the FJR and ST. The big issue for me is shipping to Canada and they seem very comfortable with international shipments. Good prices and quick turnaround. Not perfect but the service is excellent and they will sort through issues quickly.

Cycleparts warehouse

I use CycleParts Warehouse for both the FJR and ST. The big issue for me is shipping to Canada and they seem very comfortable with international shipments. Good prices and quick turnaround. Not perfect but the service is excellent and they will sort through issues quickly.

Cycleparts warehouse
I am OK with someone who only ships to the USA. Its reasonably easy to go over and get stuff - easier than dealing with import crap (sometimes an issue). The biggest single issue is what's in stock and how quickly it ships. Some on-line places say that items might not ship for 3-5 days and shipment times from some dealers say 3-10 business days. 3 days is great, 10 not so great.

I need to have some stuff by August 16 (delivered to Vermont) and was wondering which dealer might be the best bet. While price is a consideration, I'm not going to sweat a couple of bucks on a $150 order. (Cycleparts Warehouse says "Most orders will not ship until 4-5 business days from order date, so please allow 8-12 business days for delivery of non-backordered items in the continental US") Won't work for me.

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Cycleparts warehouse
I am OK with someone who only ships to the USA. Its reasonably easy to go over and get stuff - easier than dealing with import crap (sometimes an issue). The biggest single issue is what's in stock and how quickly it ships. Some on-line places say that items might not ship for 3-5 days and shipment times from some dealers say 3-10 business days. 3 days is great, 10 not so great.

I need to have some stuff by August 16 (delivered to Vermont) and was wondering which dealer might be the best bet. While price is a consideration, I'm not going to sweat a couple of bucks on a $150 order. (Cycleparts Warehouse says "Most orders will not ship until 4-5 business days from order date, so please allow 8-12 business days for delivery of non-backordered items in the continental US") Won't work for me.

Ross
Most of the on-line places, like dealers, do not stock EVERY part, they order them from the nearest Yamaha warehouse and have them shipped to their business and then to you.

They MAY have them drop-shipped directly (for a fee, I'm sure, it at all) to you but that's something you'd have to discuss with them.

Additionally, Yamaha USA doesn't stock all parts. For instance, I bent a rear wheel and there were none in North America, it had to come from Japan. I still had it within 10 days, BUT my local dealer matches on-line prices for me and I picked it up there on the way home from work.

The Intruder folks really like Boulevard Suzuki, which also sells Yamaha parts. I like that they have an online parts fiche for when you don't know what part you need (I'm sure others have this too). I've ordered from them a couple times (Suzuki parts) and have been happy with their prices and service.

https://www.boulevardsuzuki.com

Boats.net Seriously, I ordered some rotor bolts and brake pads recently; neither were in stock but I recieved them 7 days later(Fla to Ohio) with good communication and low prices.

Interesting... I ended up ordering from Yamaha Sports Center (Texas). They seemed to have decent prices and as good shipping terms as anyone else. I had a question for them (via email) and received the reply from Cyclepartswarehouse.com. WTF??

Ross

ronayers.com

I've spent lots of money with these folks over the years and have always recieved good service. Their prices are usually pretty good also
When ordering parts I always check them. I have never used them. There is always somebody cheaper. I usually go with cyclepartswarehouse.com as not only are they cheap, but their shipping charges tend to be on the more reasonable side than some of the others I also check.