One FJR Wasn't Enough

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
My '05 has been a loyal steed. 135,000 hard miles and never stranded me. I even named her "Heart of Gold".

But, she's getting older and with prices of used bikes and just a nagging feeling that I could have one of my rallies cut short because something could go out like an alternator......I bought a new bike. I just returned home from the Seattle area with an '05 with 19,500 miles and name him "Zaphod".

Zaphod is a bit smoother...maybe because it has a Power Commander and the previous owner took such good care of it.

Of course Zaphod's life will be different now as I stack large amounts of rally crap on him....but his life will be anything but boring.

Outside Ellensburg about 3 hours ago:

P9261513.JPG

I came home and parked him in the back of the house. I have room in the garage, but it just didn't seem right to introduce a spanking clean new bike to the old one while it's all muddy, hagard from beeroux's rally, missing it's forks (even though I'm moving them over to the new one), and napping after a long summer. I gotta have "The Talk" with Heart of Gold before I consider parking Zaphod in the garage.

It's only honorable....she's earned that much. :)

Congratulations on your new spare bike!

It is nice to have a like-kind spare cycle on hand.

May the New Introduction go well.

If they get to socializing you just might end up with a Gen 1.5?

..and only 135k? I seriously thought you would be well past the 170 mark.

Really, you need get out and ride more. :unsure:

Congrats on the new skoot Iggie!

Hi,

break the news to "GOLDIE" gently, you owe her. Then set about breakin in "Zaphod" with a firm right hand.

Upright Not Uptight

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Nice and congratulations. If that comes with an improbability drive too you can't lose on your next rally

Congrats Igster...

...atleast your first FJR had a better end than mine...in a salvage yard somewhere's in AR..all bent...and being handled and sold by a bunch of strangers.

I was really glad to see that a loyal FJR member will get to enjoy my baby. Have fun with it Matt.

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Congratulations of finding the right bike, Matt.

Er...uhm...I was somewhat amazed at how much more the Galaxy Blue shoe dirt than the Cerulean Silver. I know YOU don't care, but I'm just sayin'......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the new bike serves you well, that's really low mileage so you likely made a good decision. I did a similar thing for similar reasons. My trusty 98 Moto Guzzi is closing in on 120,000 almost error free miles. But because of its age I'm anticipating component failures. So along side it now in the garage is my recently purchased 2009 FJR. To keep the MG happy I ride it once a week and plan to use it for short overnight camping trips. Good luck with your "new" bike.

Bill

Congrats on the new-to-you ride Matt. Great low mile find that I'm sure will serve you well.

I'd have gone with the much more desirable GEN II myself... ;)

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!!

Hide your wallet!

Just wait until you start matching them up. It's like dating 19-year old twins.

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

:)