opening a gpx file

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blrfjr

Reaction score
So, I've gathered a few gpx files but cant open them. I have MS ST but cant or dont know how to "open with" that program. What is a good program for opening .gpx's??

Bryan

I create files in MSST and then I open the GPX with a free program EASY GPS that pairs with pretty much any GPS to send it to my Garmin.

Yes, as mentioned - in MS S&T 2010 - click "Data", then "import GPX file..."

I was told that MS S&T 2011 did not have this feature, but have not seen it myself.

I was told that MS S&T 2011 did not have this feature, but have not seen it myself.
I didnt buy the 2011. Wheaton suggested to 2010 so thats what I bought. Went with the voice of experience on this one.

Browsing thru the Iron Butt.org forum last night, I found this thread that includes 3 pdf's (route planning 101, 201, 401) that I found really informative on using gps technology for planning your rally's. It includes the ins and outs of planning your rally bonus points via computer and GPS. Posting in this thread because it also shows step by step instructions for loading GPX files to S&T. :to_become_senile:

I didnt buy the 2011. Wheaton suggested to 2010 so thats what I bought. Went with the voice of experience on this one.
FWIW, I can confirm that 2011 DOES have the "Import GPX file" feature (under the "Data" menu)

tHANKS FOR THE INPUT EVERYONE. I'M WELL ON MY WAY TO BEING ABLE TO PLAN MY RIDES NOW. :yahoo: I WAS STARTING TO FEEL OVERWHELMED.